COPYING DOWNLOADS TO CD

Solved!
Highlighted

COPYING DOWNLOADS TO CD

Regular

Hi, I have purchased songs on spotify & downloaded them, unfortunately I cannot transfer them to my Ipod touch so I want to burn them to a Cd, how do I do this? (Within the Spotify help pages it states that if you have purchased songs they are yours to keep & you can burn them to Cd) Am new to this and have to admit am clueless! Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: COPYING DOWNLOADS TO CD

Community Legend

Hey again 🙂 

No you won't be charged again. The Spotify downloads store allows you to redownload tracks a certain number of times (depending on licensing) for free after your original purchase (normally just incase you loose the tracks somehow).

Have a read at this FAQ for more information.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted

Community Legend

Hey 🙂 

Spotify does not have the built in functionality to burn CDs for you, so you will need to use another program to do that for you. If you are using Windows, you can use Windows Media Player. Instructions on how to do so are here.

You might need to import your Spotify purchases into Windows Media Player before you can burn them. You will need to find the download location of your purchases inside Spotify (Edit > Preferences > Purchases > Location:") and then add that folder to your Windows Media Player Library (if not already there). 

If there are no tracks in that folder, are you sure you purchased and downloaded the tracks and didn't just select them for an offline playlist? 

Peter

Peter

Highlighted

Regular

Hi Peter, thank you for your reply. I did what you suggested in Spotify & found the location for the music, im not to sure how to add the folder to Windows Media Player? and also just want to ask you about your last sentence, you asked me if I had def purchased & downloaded the tracks & didn't just select them. I def purchased them as I had to pay using my debit card & the music is just sitting in the left side column in the downloads file.

Thank you so much for helping me, im affraid I am a complete dummy when it comes to technology. Look forward to your reply 🙂

Louise 

Highlighted

Community Legend

Hey again 🙂 

Just had a play about with Windows Media Player for you (don't normally use it!) and the easiest way to get your Spotify tracks into it appears to be using the following steps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Add-items-to-the-Windows-Media-Player-Library#

Peter

Peter

Highlighted

Regular

Hi Peter, thanks for your help & the link, I have had a look at it and I understand it. Just want to ask you one more question. When I go into the downloads that I have purchased on Spotify on the right side it says you have 3 or 4 re-downloads left, what does this mean? I don't understand this because I have purchased these tracks. Will I get charged again if I re-download them?

Thank you for all your time, you have been so helpful. I appreciate all your help....

Thanks Miss Clueless

Highlighted
Solution!

Community Legend

Hey again 🙂 

No you won't be charged again. The Spotify downloads store allows you to redownload tracks a certain number of times (depending on licensing) for free after your original purchase (normally just incase you loose the tracks somehow).

Have a read at this FAQ for more information.

Peter

Peter

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Regular

Thank you so much for all your help today, thanks to you I didn't give up on the whole thing.

Thanks

Miss Knowalittle

Highlighted

Community Legend

No problem 😉 

Be sure to let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

Peter

Peter

Highlighted

If I purchase spotify do I have to pay for each downloaded music file I download and can I burn a cd

Highlighted

Community Legend

@Help-me wrote:

If I purchase spotify do I have to pay for each downloaded music file I download and can I burn a cd

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Spotify is a streaming service, so you can stream tracks inside the Spotify application. There are 3 different accounts types:

- Free - Which can be used on the desktop clients, includes advertising (and other restrictions after 6 months in most countries).

- Unlimited - Which gives you unlimited ad-free access on the desktop clients. 

- Premium - Which gives you unlimited high quality ad-free access on both desktop and mobile clients as well as the ability to mark playlists for offline listening meaning you can listen to them when you don't have an internet connection. 

If you wish to download music as mp3 files for use on an mp3 player or iPod (other than a Touch which supports Spotify), or to burn to a CD you will need to purchase and download those files seperately as that is not part of the subscription service. 

Peter

Peter

SUGGESTED POSTS