Can I be Blocked For Too Many Spotify Links On Facebook?

Highlighted

Can I be Blocked For Too Many Spotify Links On Facebook?

user-removed
Not applicable

Does anybody know if it's possible to for Facebook to dissable my post privilages because of Spotify links? I'm starting to think that Facebook's scripts interpret my Spotify links as Sp#m if I post too many (it appears). I'm not sure... But, does anybody know about this? I'm a Premium member (don't think it makes a difference but....) Facebook will not let me post until 4 days.. Grrrrrrrr...

4 Replies

Re: Can I be Blocked For Too Many Spotify Links On Facebook?

BigBossBenji
Casual Listener

Absolulety think this is the case. I would share links to music groups on FB and my profile gets locked down after 2 now, Ive reported for **bleep** so many times justfor commenting on post(only once and not spamming) they even blocked me in FB messenger, couldnt send anyone links there either. I had to wait a full 24 hours to log back in to my own FB for sharing links where they were allowed to be posted, i tried to switch to different links like spotify, and datpiff but they still blocked me.

user-removed
Not applicable

Wow!! That is such a shame. Maybe it's time for us to switch to twitter, instagram, or any place other than Facebook. It's really rediculous! And because basically no human being actually runs Facebook, it's useless to complain. What's the use of setting up widgets for Spotify and iTunes, if paying users can't even use them of FB? What a bunch of rubbish.

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Well, I have issues with Facebook too. I'm in an artist's fanclub and they run #promoday posts (which allows users to advertise their new content or cool music that they found). I wrote a post with links both to Bandcamp and Spotify and it just vanished after I posted.
So I made a seriously shortened repost, that vanished too.

Now, when I post a Spotify link to a single song, my post stays. I am pissed, it would be so nice to know why exactly my posts vanished. Now instead of sharing what I've found and describing it, I am fearful my post will vanish again and my enthusing goes to waste...

I don't know what algorithms that platform is based on, but it's certainly useless. : )

SebastyRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

user-removed
Not applicable

Hi @Sebasty

I recently found out that if I put a Spotify in a comment field, it gets deleted too. The sad part is, there is absolutely no one we can talk to, because the entire site has been taken over by scripts. I don't think there is a single human being that monitors anything there. I couldn't figure out whether or not I was being blocked because of Spotify, or somoene who doesn't like Spotify reported me. I am not happy at all.

However, I found somewhat of a solution, since photos don't appear to be effected, I posted spotify codes instead!

The way that Facebook is handling the **bleep** on their network is really **bleep***d. If it were not for my little followers on my Facebook page, I would have permenantly switched over to instagram and twitter.

I think it's time for Spotify to revamp this forum, and make it rival Facebok.

SUGGESTED POSTS