Announcements

Can't find Swedish music on UK Spotify?

Can't find Swedish music on UK Spotify?

Emmax345
Regular
One of the reasons I got Spotify Premium was to be able to listen to music from my home country Sweden, despite living in the UK. Now it turns out that I am not able to get most of the Swedish music on my UK Spotify, especially music in Swedish. Why is that? I know it's available on Spotify in Sweden, so it's obviously on Spotify, but unavailable to me in the UK. Very frustrating! Does anyone have an explanation to this? Thanks.
5 Replies

Re: Can't find Swedish music on UK Spotify?

Peter__
Community Legend

Spotify can only give us access to music in each country that they have license to do so, which is why content varies depending on what country you are in. The majority of the time annoyingly it isn't down to Spotify, but the label have not given permission for Spotify to license those tracks elsewhere. There are off course a whole load of other reasons content is missing too, music licensing is a nightmare business! 

Best thing to do is to get in touch with the artist or label and ask them why you can't listen to their music - after all it is your money they are essentially loosing. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Emmax345
Regular
Thank you for the explanation! Might have to contact some of the artists then...

Emmax345
Regular
Just a thought, is it possible to have the Swedish version of Spotify in the UK at all? To get around the problem that way...?

Joe
Community Legend

You can, as long as you have a premium account linked to a Swedish payment method.

Peter__
Community Legend
Yes, you can subscribe to Spotify in any launch country (even if you don't live there) providing you have a payment method from that country.

Premium gives you unlimited "abroad" time so you won't run into any issues being in a different country to your profile.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

SUGGESTED POSTS