Announcements

Coding a Spotify Chrome Extension

Solved!

Coding a Spotify Chrome Extension

AngryFacing

Currently, I've started to work on a Spotify extension for Google Chrome. Why? Mainly because I was bored and I figured I should put the $5 I spent on a Chrome store developer account to good use. lol

Anyopne, I decided on coding it in Javascript, only to find out that the API that Spotify has isn't exactly the best. I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with the Javascript API on Spotify and using it outside of the actual app section within Spotify.

Also, after I somehow didn't get the API for Javascript to work, I figured there would be something decent to use on the PHP side of things and I still came out empty handed.

Anyone who has experienced in either of these, please let me know.

To the rest of the community, what basic and possibly advanced features would you like the Chrome Extension to have?

Thanks! 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Coding a Spotify Chrome Extension

Richard
Roadie

Hey AngryFacing, welcome to the Community.

Can't say I know much about this kind of thing I'm afraid (coding - it's all 1s and 0s, right?). But hopefully someone here will be able to help you out.

Furthermore, check out our developer community over at stackoverflow. They're generally pretty good at this kind of thing.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Solution!

Richard
Roadie

Hey AngryFacing, welcome to the Community.

Can't say I know much about this kind of thing I'm afraid (coding - it's all 1s and 0s, right?). But hopefully someone here will be able to help you out.

Furthermore, check out our developer community over at stackoverflow. They're generally pretty good at this kind of thing.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

AngryFacing

Thanks! Didn't know about that website. 🙂

David
Spotify Legend

There is a Spotify Chrome Extension from a while ago that can be read about right here.

Airhorn Enthusiast

krikelin
Community Legend
SUGGESTED POSTS