Collaborative Playlists

Collaborative Playlists

user-removed
Not applicable

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place to ask but I have some questions regarding collaborative playlists.

I own a collaborative playlist which four of my friends follow. I read that collaborative playlists are always secret. I'm able to see the playlist on two of the four followers account’s that follow the playlist. I asked one of the followers if they had the option to make the playlist public or secret, they said neither was possible. So then that means that the other two followers didn't even have the option to make the playlist secret or public on their account.

Am I able to see the playlist on their account because I own the playlist? If that's the case then why can't I see the playlist on the other two followers account’s?

Thanks.

4 Replies

Re: Collaborative Playlists

jonaswehner
Music Fan

Hey :)

You can see the playlist, because you are the owner.

As a subscriber to a playlist you have the option to keep a playlist you follow secret. That's probably what the "other two" did.

Cheers :)

user-removed
Not applicable
Hey,

Thanks so much for your response and explanation. However, with
collaborative playlists followers don't have the option to make said
playlist public on their profile as collaborative playlists are always
secret. Or is this not the case?

Thanks.

MastarLin

I have the same problem. Did you come across a solution?

In fact, collaborative playlist are private... That's why they don't show up on your own profile, under the public playlist setting. But when I view my followers profile. I see it right clearly there!

Highlighted

NissanSkyline
Visitor
Has anyone figured this out? My friend created a collaborative playlist and I was the only person who was given a direct link to it. I can see the playlist on his Spotify profile when I view it through my account, however when I copy our profile links and paste them into a web browser (where I'm not signed), I'm not able to see the playlist on either of our profiles. I should be the only follower of our shared playlist but it appears we have 4 followers total. How can someone follow if they were never given a link and the playlist is not visible on either of our public Spotify profiles? Also, will these 3 additional followers be able to add or remove songs? Not sure if this is a glitch.. or if there are others experiencing this as well.
SUGGESTED POSTS