Announcements

Customer Service is Terrible

Customer Service is Terrible

Casual Listener

I just canceled my Spotify account after being a long time user due to their Customer Service. If you ever have any sort of issue with Spotify, you will quickly become frustrated when dealing with their customer service department. In the one time I had to contact their customer service department, they failed me. When my payment failed due to a stop I placed on my personal visa card that was missing, Spotify decided it was okay to charge my work Amex that is listed on my Paypal account for work-related purchases that does not even have my name on it! They refused to transfer the payment method to my new personal Visa because the purchases were after 14 days. No exceptions could be made even though they used a card I never authorized them to use four times. The worst of all is that they provide ZERO customer service over the phone so if your issue does not match the most common issues listed on their website you have to go through a number of steps to just to open an online chat with the company, however, make sure you allow to live your life on their schedule because you'll only have two minutes to reply to them once they answer you before the chat expires and you have to start all over again and from then on can only discuss your issues from email which they'll respond hours later to. Everything will be on their schedule and time frame and they have zero value for their customers other than taking their money in whatever way they can. So unfortunately even though the music was great, it's not worth it to pay a company that has absolutely no value for their customers. I'm not paying to be treated that way. And someone in the Customer Service Dept. needs a reality check because every rating website has a TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE RATING. Please reevaluate the way you run your customer service, Spotify. It's not good business. 

6 Replies

Re: Customer Service is Terrible

Community Legend

Hi,

I cannot agree with you at all here, Spotify and I have got an amazing relationship, whenever I have had an issue (wich is rare) they resolve it quickly and are so kind.

Spotify make me playlists a lot and I everyone seems to know me there  now!

Like I said, I cannot agree with you on this.

However, not saying you do or anything but if people throw hate at someone trying to help, they are not going to want to help you, so if you do get angry with them, calm down, and be friendly, it will be better for both of you.

-Thomas

Casual Listener
Hi Thomas,

Actually, I always try to be friendly and kind. The problem is that my
issue was very complex and was connected between Paypal and Spotify. I had
zero problems connecting with PayPal and found them to be extremely easy to
deal with even though my problem was not solved by them. Spotify was not
understanding my issue through email correspondence and every time I tried
to explain the situation I was responded to by a different Spotify employee
and they were not connecting the dots and fixing the issue. They offer zero
customer service over the phone and this was my major issue with their
company. Just knowing that they don't offer customer service over the phone
at all, and that you can never talk to the same representative more than
once would be frustrating for anyone with a unique issue. So I can
understand if you had a simple 1-2-3 issue that needed to be fixed, it
would be fine. But anything that is a little more complex is extremely
difficult to have resolved using their customer service system. Personally,
I think what they did was completely illegal, but I don't have the time to
deal with a lawsuit right now otherwise I'd pursue that.

So I'm glad you problems have been easily solved and hope you never have
anything more difficult to resolve with them in the future.

Community Legend

Hi,

I understand you had an account issue, however, remember with any other issues you can post here, the Spotify community will always be happy to help you out. 🙂

-Thomas

Roadie

Agreed. I ran into an issue recently and was effectively told that I should **bleep** off. This is some of the worst service I've seen from a company of this size. This is the kind of thing that makes me actively not want to give you money, Spotify.

This close to canceling my own Spotify after having the same issues I can’t stand how they do this all the time with no way to really talk to a person how do I know I’m even talking to a person? I feel like I’m always just talking to a robot an an animated service that just tells me that “that’s just not possible”. I’ve been a student for the entire year of 2020 and they actually stopped charging me a student discount because emails were being sent to the wrong email to verify whether I still was a student or not. Even when they found out I was still a student they would not refund me the $25 that they charge me over the last six months that was extra from what I was supposed to be paid.

Roadie

You're right, kpalazzo, and it sucks that some people try to downplay you're experience, as if their good experiences cancel out your bad ones, or accuse you of being the party that was acting in a bad way. I have dealt with people in customer service over the phone on online, and I know how frustrating it is. It's very understandable to get angry at them, and there are no "buts" about it. Many of these people are lazy, unaccountable, accomplices to screwing people over. I know that there's something on PayPal's website that allows you to dispute charges, up to 180 days, I believe it is, but you may already know about it. I hope that you get it resolved, or can pass it on to your employer to fight.

I just noticed the date. I hope that you got it resolved. I don't even know, if you're still on here.

SUGGESTED POSTS