Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Delete or Clear the JUMP BACK IN list suggestions

Delete or Clear the JUMP BACK IN list suggestions

There needs to be a way to Clear the Jump Back In suggestions. This is annoying and Spotify seems to be the only App that does not allow you to clear history and reset. Why would I want to keep being reminded of some old **bleep** that I may have listened to on a whim and I don’t want to listen to again? I can find if I want to. Please change this. It should be easy enough to fix this in your next update.

12 Replies

Hey, Amazon Music is offering a great deal for the holidays with 99 cents a month for three months.  I've tried to get Spotify to remove the Jump Back In section since it grabs things I listened to a year ago and don't want to listen to again.  I can't open Spotify without being reminded of that experience!  I've repeatedly commented in their "We're Listening" section, but they are obviously not listening.  Oh well, it was a nice run, but I'll take a look at what Amazon has to offer and then cancel my Spotify subscription.

So this is still broken. Spotify has continually reminded me of two albums that A) I'm pretty sure I've never listened to and B) can't even be played anymore!
That's all that's on the list and it hasn't changed in months.

This is still broken.

Does anybody want to respond to this? I don't want to listen to the Steve Miller Band that I listened to once as a joke. 

Please fix this, allow it to be cleared of reset. Or even move it to the bottom of the app, it gives useless suggestions.

Spotify.. please fix this. My use case is that I'm trying to get over a very problematic/difficult breakup with someone (actually an artist) and I don't want to see their album as the first tile every time I log into Spotify 😞 Please, I'm begging you. I'm on an Android phone but it shows up just the same on the desktop app.

SAME! my exes' playlists keep showing up because i listened to them a lot and I want them gone.

Please allow us to modify Recently Played list so we can use Spotify on Work Computer if something off color happens.

Hello @Jenneree,

This is a good suggestion, however, the top people at Spotify will not be able to see it, but the message can be passed on. Such an update just might come eventually...

Please, I was looking for a decent version of an audiobook that I needed to listen for a class and now my jump right back in is full of that and random tracks from the book keep getting included in the playlist and I am very close to quitting spotify and going to an app that actually allows to clear up garbage from my history.

yes please. i want the jiafei remixes i listened to as a joke gone from my profile. its annoying just looking at it everytime i open spotify..

I had the same problem for about 3-4 months. Reached out to Spotify and they gave me some troubleshooting instrucions that didn't work. I tried clearing the cache, logging out, reinstalling, listening to other podcasts and nothing worked. But one time when I was frustrated with the 'Jump back in' section I managed to remove a podcast from it.

Try this, I hope it helps.

First make sure you're not following the podcast you want to remove. You can also click on the settings wheel of the podcast and under the 'Manage' deselect all the listened episodes.

Then go to your homepage and at the top left you can select either 'Music' or 'Podcast and shows'. You have to go into BOTH sections, no matter if you're trying to only remove a podcast. In these sections you can tap on a podcast (more specifically the three dots next to the podcast) and select 'Not interested'. Locate the unwanted podcast and do this in both the 'Music' and 'Podcast and shows' sections. Make sure you do this to all instances of the unwanted podcast.

I have no idea if this works for albums or playlists. I did all this on the phone application (for Android).

I hope the instructions are clear enough...

Suggested posts