[Desktop] System Tray Icon with Player Controls (Pause, next, etc.)

[Desktop] System Tray Icon with Player Controls (Pause, next, etc.)

rarchibald

Reopening this idea because it seems to have support and as the original poster stated, you did have this before so I don't see why it was removed or why if can't be added back in.

While recent versions of Spotify Desktop (e.g. 1.0.8) have got the "minimize to system tray" option again, this is simply just an icon which allows you to open the full Spotify window.

Obviously our attempts to get the minimize to tray option were not specific enough about wanting exactly the same functionality returned, so can we please have:

A system tray icon which has the same functionality (via right mouse click) as it did before it was removed, which was:

• Name of current track playing
• Open Spotify
• Option to Hide from task bar when closed
• Play
• Next
• Previous
• Shuffle
• Repeat
• Exit
You had this before, so I dont see why you cant have it again.

3 Replies

Re: [Desktop] System Tray Icon with Player Controls (Pause, next, etc.)

Regular

Seriously, why is it taking so long for such simple feature requests to be added, that you previously had already in the past versions!

ChangeLater
Is this ever going to be a thing? This shouldn't be difficult to implement with what is I am assuming an Electron application? Can you open the application up to user supplied addons so we could maybe just do it ourselves?

ser
Visitor
SUGGESTED POSTS