Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discover weekly facebook profile picture issue

Solved!

Discover weekly facebook profile picture issue

I need help! That new feature called Discover Weekly used my most recent facebook profile picture to create the custom album cover. However just days after first using this new feature I changed my profile picture on facebook but my Discover Weekly cover stays just the same with the old photo on the cover even after weeks when the songs in the playlist have already changed. This old profile picture shows me and a friend which I just recently got into a fight with - which is why I changed my facebook profile picture in the first place and would like to have this Discover Weekly-cover picture changed as well. I tried to reinstall spotify, log out of my account but nothing helped updating that album cover. This issue occurs no matter what deviceiI use to log in to spotify: phone, ipad, computer. Can anyone help please ?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

~7,5 month later at the begining of June the albumart was updated...

The solution is patience! 🙂

View solution in original post

75 Replies

Hi there @monakrll and welcome to the community!

The Discover Weekly Photo is something that was created when your first playlist was created. I'm not sure how often it refrheshes, but I can direct you to the support team via Twitter at @SpotifyCares . They can help you out for sure!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

I can't change the cover art from the playlist, i want my new facebook photo, can someone help pls.

Thank you 😄

Same issue here too! 😕

I removed my profile picture on facebook couple of weeks before. Why hasn't updated the album art yet?

I don't want so see that picture anymore.

Hey there,

Same issue here! Spotify needs to fix this asap x_x Here's what I got from them....

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Deb,

Thanks for contacting us. We understand that you want to remove the picture associated with your Discover Weekly. Don't worry, we're here to help.

We always try to improve our customers experience by adding or improving features.

At the moment, there is no way to change the picture on the Discover Weekly playlist, it is a popular request though. You can show your support and stay updated on our community page here.

The only thing you can try is to disconnect from Facebook (you already did), change profile picture and then reconnect to Facebook again. However, it is not guaranteed it will work.

Feel free to let us know if you have any other feedback. It really helps us make the app the best it can be.

Have a nice day,

Alex
Spotify Customer Support

a quick update though, they just updated the Discover Weekly photo, by default, it now shows a photo of an astronaut. Good enough for me! 🙂

Mine hasn't updated- do you know how that happened?

I have the same problemthe worst thing is that the photo is of my teacher who died months ago. And I can not change it in any way.
Marked as solution

~7,5 month later at the begining of June the albumart was updated...

The solution is patience! 🙂

That sucks, I have to see the photo of me and my ex for that long? 😞

Seriously Spotify this should be an easy bug to fix...

Yeah this is ridiculous! It took ages for you to allow us to block users, which is kind of a key thing in social media. It shouldn't be THAT hard to sync FB photos with DW. Please help!

I'm also having this problem, mine is stuck on a photo of me and my ex kissing in our graduation robes. My new boyfriend is not a fan.

You guys are really telling me that the number one music streaming app that we pay for for Premium service won't even reply to this request?

At least cone up here and say it's something that's being looked into. Good word!

Same issue. It used to update within days after I would change my profile picture on facebook but now for some reason it stopped updating. Sure it's stuck on a photo of me and my best friend but I'd still like it to change for aesthetic purposes. $9.99 a month and this won't update along with not being able to see how many saved songs I have in my library, or even how many times I've listened to a particular song. Simple features Spotify!

I'm so annoyed at this problem as well. I still love Spotify but what's the
deal here!

Same issue, not too happy with the Facebook picture not updating the Discover Weekly playlist. I actually enjoy the playlist regularly and would like to continue to listen to new music every week, but it makes me a bit uncomfortable with the now unwanted image on the cover of the playlist.

Any word from the Spotify developers would be greatly appreciated!

Same thing here, not exactly fun after a heartbreaking breakup.

Given I've been premium user for years, I'd like to have this issue fixed asap.

Same problem here! My picture of myself and my ex has been on there since April and it still hasn't changed! So annoying as I can't disconnect my Facebook and it was a nasty breakup. 😠 Not happy Spotify!!!

Same thing. Come on, Spotify!

Suggested posts