Re: Discover weekly facebook profile picture issue

BvBaar1999
Casual Listener

For me its a picture of my ex wich i broke up with in march of 2017🙃

So i think the patience doesnt work

Fen
Regular

I'm having this problem. I have reported it 3 times and have been told by separate help-chat-people to just wait. The photo I want removed is over a year old now. I respect that you may have got yourself in a design/development pickle, but you must understand the emotional response (unwanted) photos have, and the negative effect this has on the experience of a key feature of your software.

I deleted my Facebook account a long time ago, so I can't update it there, or re-sync accounts or anything.

I wish someone would sort this.

mikeymcguire1
Regular
I found if you install Spotify on a different computer (if you have one) updating your pic on the new install. It worked for me and my picture finally updated.

heryasti
Music Fan

Any updates on this feature? Still hasn't been updated for 2 years despite having installed spotify on a new computer, disconnected the facebook link and updated my profile picture. 

shanster_78
Regular

I am still waiting too! My problem is: the picture shows my ex-girlfriend and my current girlfriend does not enjoy it very much. So I am interested in a quick solution! 

BvBaar1999
Casual Listener
Same for me hahahah

kasen23
Regular

I'm having the same issue. I have been trying since last year sometime to have the profile picture of my ex removed but no luck. I have contact support multiple times and followed all the steps and still the same picture. I even created a new facebook account and attached it to my spotify account for over 3 months and it still won't update?? I'm really how difficult is this to fix? Or give us an option to change/update the picture. 

shanster_78
Regular

I'm curious. Is this forum also read by the officials or do the users only write to each other here?

Fen
Regular

Seems to be an hilarious dead end for customers to vent and hope for the best.

heryasti
Music Fan

So after a chat with 2 different persons at Spotify, I may have a solution. 

It appears that you need to follow the discover weekly list in order for the profile picture to refresh, at the same time the playlist refresh each week. 

If you do not want it to be your Facebook picture and only the default one, you need to stop the synchronization with your Facebook account. Once it refreshes, the picture should become the default one. 

I will try that and see if it works. More news next week, ahah. 

I do not think that is a great solution and clearly, they did not think this through at Spotify. 

SUGGESTED POSTS