Discovery and Studying

Highlighted

Discovery and Studying

mikker94

Hello! I am a student and do a ton of studying. While I study I enjoy listening to spotify's instrumental study playlists. These playlists are great and I spend HOURS listening to them. However, I obviously don't enjoy listening to classical music or instrumentals in my free time! Because of how often I study, my Discovery playlist and Release Radar have started incorporating more and more of this type of music.

My question is: Is there a way to tell Spotify when you're studying so that it doesn't take your study music into account when determining what should appear in the Discovery and Release Radar playlists? 

I'm not sure if offline mode does this? If anyone has a solution let me know! 

3 Replies

Re: Discovery and Studying

katiek_
Composer

Hi there, 

I don’t think there is away to let spotify know that it shouldn’t take music to the Discovery and Release Radar, since it updates automatically, so you can discover new music.. think of it as getting more new studying music. Also, just litsen to more diffent music, besides your study playlist and you will mostly see new music you have recently played.

hope this helps!

landonharris88
Composer

Hey @mikker94!

You could start a private listening session while you study. Spotify will likely still suggest songs that are similar to your study music in certain places, but listening in a private session will prevent Spotify from suggesting music similar to this in your Discover Weekly! 

katiek_
Composer

Hi there! 

Thanks for helpful tip! 

SUGGESTED POSTS