Do I need to cancel my student premium account to switch to family premium?

Highlighted

Do I need to cancel my student premium account to switch to family premium?

aitana1

Hello! 

I am having problems trying to switch onto a family plan from my student plan. I am not the owner of the family plan so I was sent a link to join and after I enter all the information it gives me an error message. Another family member that is trying to get onto the same plan is getting the same error. I am not sure if it has something to do with already having student premium accounts or maybe because we recently moved and spotify thinks we’re not living at the same address as the account owner?  Please help! 

1 Reply

Re: Do I need to cancel my student premium account to switch to family premium?

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

Hey @aitana1, thanks for reaching out!

Please make sure that everyone on the Premium for Family plan is residing at the same physical address. If this isn't the case, then you might be removed and won't be able to join the Premium for Family plan.

If you are residing at the same address - and are still having issues, please ask the owner to send another invite using a different browser or incognito mode.

If that doesn't help, please send me a screenshot of the error message being shown (make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the community).

Let me know how this goes 🙂

Billy-JRock Star 22
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS