Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does anybody else hate the new layout? Functionality of the new layout is so bad imo.

Does anybody else hate the new layout? Functionality of the new layout is so bad imo.

WHY DOES SPOTIFY KEEP ON CHANING THE LAYOUTS sometimes if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. I hate how it does it automatically too. Like the my library section now looks so bad now. And then the artist tab probably my biggest complaint. So I can’t scroll and see all the artist I have saved in alphabet order I just get a search bar? Really? I use Spotify every day for like 10 hours. I’m constantly adding new artist and music. How am I suppose to remember all of them. I miss where you had all of the tabs like “songs, artist, albums,...” and then you have a list you can scroll and see them. It was just two clicks and then boom you have the entirety of whatever category you have. It was just I hope this is just testing the waters and they go back. This layout I cannot stand that I had to create this account rn and complain with you Spotify.

80B074B8-C4AF-4832-8C49-A6C3668ED2D2.png
2 Replies

Hey there @Luis74527,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

At Spotify, we’re often testing and launching improvements and new features.

For example, from now, Your Library should contain any artists that you follow. Saving an album or song won’t automatically save the artist. However, if you follow an artist, they should appear in your Artists tab.

Keep in mind that any artists you follow should still be listed alphabetically and you can tap on any of the tabs' titles instead of swiping left to see the next tab for quicker access.

There's more info in this Spotify Answer.

On another note, we'd recommend heading to this idea and adding your feedback and +VOTE there.

You can also find how the Ideas Exchange works and how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I **bleep**ing abhor this new layout. It's god awful. The fact that I have to tap some small shitty little button that doesn't always work when I want to see only playlists or podcasts now? It pisses me off. Along with that the sorting options are so poorly done. It makes me so mad that these changes are probably here to stay too because I have seen practically nothing about how bad it is. It seems so many people don't give a damn. I use Spotify every day and it's always so disappointing seeing it hasn't gone back. I really just hate it. Why aren't more people talking about this? It's so cluttered and inconvenient! And you can't swipe navigate anymore either! The least they could **bleep**ing do is make it optional. I'm thinking about just finding a way to revert to the version before this layout.

Suggested posts