Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Easy edit / remove option for playlists

Easy edit / remove option for playlists

Hi,

I am seeing a lot of people asking for this over seven years or so - can we please get a one touch option for permanently removing a current or queued up song from a playlist? You know, for the times when you realize that you are sick of that song or it’s a lousy track from a good album, etc?  Alternatively, to include a search box at the top of the “edit playlist” screen in iOs so you can easily find albums added by accident etc?  The process right now is very onerous for long playlists.  Thanks!

5 Replies

Hi,

I would like this also. This would be a new idea and is already in the list: Remove song

Did you give your vote already? The more more votes the more likely it will be implemented.

Regards,

René

On desktop in the web player I occasionally get the option to directly right click then "Remove from Playlist", but as you can see in the screenshot it's not always there in the menu. Very annoying since I have to scroll down through the infinite scroll (i.e., loading 30 songs at a time with pauses in between scrolls) and try to remember what albums I added around the same time as that song's album. Crazy stupid oversight in the design. I guess the engineers never get tired of any songs ever, or they don't have any giant playlists.

spotify cant remove from playlist - Copy.jpg

Hi there folks.

Thank you for your posts here in the Community. We just came across this thread.

Can you let us know if the same happens in the desktop app and if you are playing the song within your own playlist or maybe from example the artist page?

We also suggest that you click on the album art in the Now playing view to jump to the current track and delete it from there.

Keep us posted 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

To Jeremy:

Reply to your first suggestion: It's definitely happening while I'm playing in a playlist because that's all I ever play, one giant playlist. I only use the Web Player because it's better at resource management than the desktop app.

Reply to your second suggestion: I clicked the album art (I assume this is the "Now Playing" view you mentioned) and it does nothing, although the cursor does convert to a hand, implying it should do something.

I clicked the album title below the artwork in Now Playing view and it opened the album itself, where there is still no option to remove from My Playlist #1.

spotify doesnt let you remove easily - Copy.jpg

Hey @draggedbyrogan,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We can confirm that this is an expected behavior when you use the web player. Currently there is no option to remove songs when you right click on the album cover in the Now Playing View or when you open an album.

You can remove a song from a playlist when you open the playlist the song was added to and then right click on the song.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and we'll make sure to pass it on to the right team.

You can also have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made similar suggestions. If no one suggested these ideas, you can give these steps a go and post your own ideas.

The Community is here for you if there's anything else!

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts