Announcements

Email feedback

Re: Email feedback

I like the E-mails that show me music related to the music in my playlists, but I do not like the ones that come up with any random piece of music that came out within the last month.

What I think is:  How many times have I got to unsubscribe before you stop sending me these emails.  I've been hitting Unsubscribe and saying "never" in my preferences but I'm still getting emails

Casual Listener
I like the emails I get about music picked for recommendations (based on Similiar Artists, etc). Also, your radio service has introduced me to numerous artists I had never heard and for that I'm thankful.
But u send me an email recommending the new Lady Gaga and One Direction and we got a problem!

Casual Listener
I use spotify so i can listen to what i want to and discover what my friends think is worth listening to. I have built a trusted network of people whose judgment I value. Some of these people even work at Spotify. So please stop sending me mails with major label priorities who are a million miles away from my taste. We can get Lady Gaga on any radio station at any time of day. Why would I pay money to be marketed at?

At the same time your recommendation engine is good. It's recommending artists who are in my library and who I haven't listened to, but for the most part the artists you propose are on the money. More of this please and less of turning the clock back to the old way of pushing unwanted music at people. Spotify helped to destroy that dynamic so please don't recreate it. Thanks from a household that pays you £20 a month.

Community Legend

Hey guys 🙂 

I think the issue is Spotify have to try and please two types of people with these content emails. Firstly, there is the "discover" bunch of people, the ones who like the emails to contain content which is tailored to them. However there is another group of users I call them the "new releasers" since they want the emails to contain new releases that are not tailored to their tastes, since they like to make their own mind up about content, and like to discover in that way which does make sense I guess. 

Its a fine line, but I do feel the emails are fair in their division between new and recommended content especially for me. 

@annoyed22 - If you have unsubscribed but you are still getting the emails, its normally down to you having multiple accounts in the system, try the steps posted by Meredith here and see if they can help. If not there is a link to the customer services contact form in her reply 😉 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

user-removed
Not applicable

Some months ago I asked  you to stop e mailing   me as I recieved no support whatever  when  i asked you to move my account back to  Australia , so  I deleted you and everything to do with you , so please stop e mailing me  

Community Legend

@user-removed wrote:

Some months ago I asked  you to stop e mailing   me as I recieved no support whatever  when  i asked you to move my account back to  Australia , so  I deleted you and everything to do with you , so please stop e mailing me  

If you are having issues unsubscribing from emails (although there should be a link in every email to unsubscribe) get in touch here and a member of the team will be able to investigate it for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi,

I use Hotmail to get emails from you but recently Hotmail has been putting the mails into the junk folder.

I know that I haven't marked Spotify as junk so they must be doing it themselves.

What address do you use to send genuine emails to your users so that I can tell if the junk mail is genuine or not.

Thanks 🙂

I feel it is wrong that students get premium spotify at a lower rate than the rest of us. When are the members that pay the full subscription rate going to get any benefits?

WHY THA **bleep** AM I STILL GETTING SENT EMAILS FROM U LOT, WHEN I'VE UNSUBSCRIBED ABOUT 4 **bleep**ING TIMES....

STOP EMAILING ME.

SUGGESTED POSTS