Announcements

Email feedback

Re: Email feedback

Casual Listener

As everyone else I have unsubscribed several times from the mailing list and I'm still getting newsletters. Your auto unsubscribe is NOT WORKING, you will need to get this sorted or remove our addresses manually. To have not done anything about this problem for so long is completely incompetent.

Casual Listener

As you can see from my settings I am unsubscribed from all emails and yet I am still receiving emails. Please sort it out.

Screen Shot 2013-11-06 at 14.59.34.png

Community Legend

@nicluc @samthedrums - Is your Spotify email address the same as your Facebook email address? If you have unsubscribed on your account but you are still getting emails then it is highly likely you actually have two Spotify accounts registered to the same address.

Peter

Edit: Adding additional mention.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Casual Listener

yes, I've logged in via the form and via facebook and both preferences have all emails switched off - and yet the emails still come.

Community Legend

Well that is definitely annoying @nicluc ! I can see why you are annoyed!

Would you be able to get in touch here with the customer support team? They will be able to pull up your details and double check you don't have anymore accounts floating around!

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Gig Goer
I'm not against the idea of recommendations on new music, especially as the discover app only really focuses on older material.

I do wish that artists that I actually listen to were recommended over those on the major labels (I know it's politics, but does lady gaga need any help getting listeners.)
As for playlist suggestions how about those that are made by normal people that contain music I like, rather than those made by 'artists' as a way of selling their music that are probably made by their PR department anyway.

Using my last.fm as a guide the artists with new material this week are Borgore, Skream, AC Slater, Stephen Walking, Starkey all wth multiple plays in Spotify.
My recommendations are little mix, foxes, lady gaga....... You get the gist. Now I do want to listen to new music by new artists but that should be based on similarities with artists already in my library.

If you're ever in need of some electronic music recommendations just come to me.
http://kynky.tumblr.com/
http://twitter.com/kynky
spotify:user:syknyk
http://www.last.fm/user/syknyk

i have unsubscribed from spotify emails 3 times. Are you incapable of understanding what that means? DO NOT SEND ME ANYMORE EMAILS. I am quite capable of deciding what I want to listen to and don't need suggestions from people who obviously have VERY poor taste in music.

Regular

Like many above have complained, the emails are recommendations for music I have no interest in. They are just trying to peddle the 'popular' mass market drivel that music companies want us to listen to and not in the slightest bit tailored to my listening tastes, which is pretty poor when Spotify has all that information for all its users!

I do not give a flying #### if there is a new song or album out from the likes of No Direction, Gary Barlow, Rhianna, Justin Beaver or Lilly Allen.

Recommendations of music that I must listen to from people I don't know, usually of artists I haven't heard of (fair enough) always genres I don't like, songs I find tedious.  Really, this part of the spotify service adds nothing but annoyance, please stop

Casual Listener

once again i have clicked unsubscribe in my email settings page after being sent emails by spotify. this must be the 30th perhaps 40th time ive done so in the past few months. im getting rather sick of it. can you please stop sending me emails as i find it offensive and oppressive when i have clearly stated many times that i dont want them

SUGGESTED POSTS