Error on account page when you have a year subscription

Solved!
Highlighted

Error on account page when you have a year subscription

danter
Regular

On the account page and also where you manage subscription and payment it says:

"Your Spotify Premium subscription will be automatically renewed the [renewal date] and charged 1 188,00 kr every 1 month, unless you cancel your subscription before that time".

Well this is kind of confusing because thats the ammount it should cost every year and not every month, unless spotify have done some crazy increases in monthly costs...

spotify_webpage_bug.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Error on account page when you have a year subscription

Peter__
Community Legend

I suspect this is an error caused by the fact Spotify have withdrawn yearly subscription payments, so once your subscription goes up for renewal again, you will most likely be billed monthly rather than yearly. 

Just so you don't get charged that fee for one month (although it is unlikely) I would suggest you drop the payments guys a quick message using the online contact form and they can double check it out for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted

Peter__
Community Legend
Have you ever paid for your subscription yearly?

Peter

Highlighted

danter
Regular

Yes I have and it's about to expire now. That's why I checked the subscription page to see when the exact expiration date is.

The date is a proper date string, but censored out, so don't bother about that. All the rest is actual figures found on the page and also included in the cropped/marked screenshot I attached in the original message.

Solution!

Peter__
Community Legend

I suspect this is an error caused by the fact Spotify have withdrawn yearly subscription payments, so once your subscription goes up for renewal again, you will most likely be billed monthly rather than yearly. 

Just so you don't get charged that fee for one month (although it is unlikely) I would suggest you drop the payments guys a quick message using the online contact form and they can double check it out for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS