Explicit Option

2 people liked this

Explicit Option

Mr_Plough

Is there any good reason there isn't an option to make the Explicit or "clean" versions of an album the default?

4 Replies

Re: Explicit Option

Spaceboy88
Roadie

Hi,

You can add the suggestion to the "Ideas" section: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/idb-p/ideaexchange

Daniel
Community Legend
This already has been submitted as an idea: Explicit button. And it is one I am in favor of too! Please add kudos to that idea to help elevate it's status.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Spaceboy88
Roadie

I don't think these are the same things. The original poster here is asking for Explicit to be enbabled by default or not, so you woudln't even have to see the "clean" version if you turn on explicit.  The link you shared is toggling if explicit songs are skipped. 

I like the original idea better - I hate listening to songs that are cleaned up and would love the option to have them not display if I check "allow explicit recording."

Daniel
Community Legend
You are correct, there are variations to the idea. But in principle it is the same... Anyone who requests an explicit style modification whether it be skipping/switching for clean version etc is directed to that Idea as it was the first to highlight the need for an explicit workaround. The actual mechanics of how it will work will be decided by the Spotify team if they come to implement, but in order to maintain unity and ensure the option is highlighted as an issue it's best to all add kudos to a single idea than create several ideas, each having slight variations and each having smaller pockets of kudos. You will see in that thread I linked discussions as to how best to implement (in fact, I remember I posted in that thread suggesting this very same idea). ... I did, you can read my post back in November on that thread here.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History
SUGGESTED POSTS