Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Facebook name + picture not showing

Solved!

Facebook name + picture not showing

So I've recently had to reset my Facebook connection to Spotify due to an unauthorised access to my account.

After completing this reset and logging back in with Facebook my Spotify account username is now my display name and my profile picture has reverted to the default instead of my Facebook details like I want.

The account seems to connect fine but under the 'Facebook' tab in the Settings my default Spotifty details are shown. (See the attached image)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

facebook_connection.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok so the issue was with data processing, under my privacy settings Facebook data processing was disabled. I think this occured when my account reset to prevent anyone gaining access to my Facebook.

For anyone looking in the future - make sure 'Process my Facebook data' is enabled under >Privacy Settings under >Account on the desktop app.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hi Rene,

I tried disconnecting Facebook and then re-entering my details my display name and profile picture have still not changed after 48 hours. 

Following this I've tried logging in on my phone and I can't log in at all. The option is there but the button doesn't do anything.

Once again any help would be appreciated.

Hi, so you can't login anymore at all? That's terrible.

There are 2 options with spotify and facebook:

1. You signed up for spotify with your facebook account, of course facebook is connected then

2. You signed up with a new spotify account, you have a username (not an email address) and a password. Next you connect to facebook.

So you did option 1? Then you did reset your account. What do you mean with that? How do you reset your facebook account? Or do you mean reset your Facebook password?

Regards,

René

Hi,

I can login to Spotify just fine but Facebook connection doesn't seem to work at all. Option 2 was how I signed up to Spotify and I then used Facebook to import my profile picture and real name.

My Spotify account had to be reset as someone unauthorised gained access to my account. Upon logging back in my Spotify username and the default picture had replaced my Facebook details. 

When I try to press 'Connect to Facebook' on my mobile nothing happens.

When I try the same task on my PC I can login to Facebook but neither my username or profile picture change.

Ok,

I did the same, created an account and connected to spotify.

When I sign up via spotify it asks me how I want to be called. That is the name I see now. So I don't see my facebook name or picture. Let's see how long it takes before it will be synced.

Regards,

René

Hi,

It looks like it's updated my profile picture but not my name. The name is the one I entered during Spotify signup, I was asked how I want to be called and that's the name I'm seeing now. What is the name you seeing? The facebook one or the one you entered during spotify signup?

They could also be the same of course when you entered your first name and last name during sign up.

Did you try to log out and log in again? Did you try different devices to check if it differs per device?

Regards,

René

I'm seeing my Spotify user name when I want my Facebook name to display. I've tried linking Facebook on my phone and it doesn't allow me to login to Facebook. I've tried linking Facebook on my PC and I stay logged in for a short period before I get automatically logged out. My display name and profile picture do not change from logging into Facebook.

Oops, I pushed the wrong button, the solution is now marked as done. I will see if i can get this undone.

About facebook logon. I have a galaxy s9, when i log out in the facebook app, then sign out in spotify, then try to login with Facebook, I'm not automatically logged on in facebook and spotify, I first have to logon to Facebook with spotify.

If I'm logged on with the Facebook app and start spotify and try to login with Facebook, I'm automatically logged on.

So I propose you first log out in facebook, then log out spotify, then logon spotify with facebook, you will be prompted to login in facebook, now logon.

Does this work? I will then indeed see my spotify name but the facebook picture.

Regards,

René

Hi,

I tried this on my s8 and on my pc client and nothing changed. I was logged in for about 5 seconds, nothing changed and then I got auto-logged out.

Problem not solved yet.

Hi,

Ok, so you started with a problem that your facebook profile picture and user name were out sync and now you can't use spotify anymore because you are logged automatically? Desktop and mobile?

If you are connected to facebook you can logon with your spotify username or facebook logon. What are you using?

Regards,

René

Marked as solution

Ok so the issue was with data processing, under my privacy settings Facebook data processing was disabled. I think this occured when my account reset to prevent anyone gaining access to my Facebook.

For anyone looking in the future - make sure 'Process my Facebook data' is enabled under >Privacy Settings under >Account on the desktop app.

Suggested posts