Gaming Console Volume Too High

Gaming Console Volume Too High

MatthewFresquez

I love having Spotify on my PS4 and listening to music while playing multiplayer or games with bad soundtracks but even the lowest volume level is too high. On the lowest volume you are unable to hear any dialog in the game, sound effects are drowned out, and it's hard to hear other players in chat. Please adjust the volume levels so that playing music while gaming is doable and enjoyable.

5 Replies

Re: Gaming Console Volume Too High

Katsudon96
Casual Listener

this. who's idea was to make the lowest volume on Console the same as half way on PC... can't they just make it the same levels on Console as PC and leave it, i don't know how they got it this bad... and still not change it after so many years of people asking. happens on both ps4 and xbox.

Hey @Katsudon96 and @MatthewFresquez,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

I just did some searching in the Community and found this idea which might be relevant to your suggestion. If not, then you can always create a new idea here.

Hope that helps :)

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

StPocket

I had the same issue for the longest time and then found the answer here. On the Spotify for iOS app, you can choose which of your connected devices you want to play music through, but still control everything from your phone. Sure enough, the volume was dialed all the way UP. I just turned it down via my phone & *boom* problem solved.

The sad part is I already knew all of this and use the app all the time when listening on PC.  I guess my brain just quits working when I play on a console.

Highlighted

Clitheroe99
Doesn’t fix it. Volume scale on phone is the same as the quick menu on the ps4

SDavidz
Visitor
If you connect your phone to Spotify while it's playing on the Xbox and you're on the same network you'll be able to turn the volume down more using your phone.
SUGGESTED POSTS