Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Gapless Playback still leaves gap between tracks

Gapless Playback still leaves gap between tracks

I am playin an opera from the Spotify library. My setting is for "gapless playback." There is still a gap between tracks. This ruins the opera.

Help.

11 Replies

If this is on the desktop client, this is unfortunately a known bug with the most recent client release:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Bugs/Desktop-Gapless-Playback-and-Crossfade-Broken/td-p/653360

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Ok, so they know and I wait... ?

I think this went on for more than a week, but I'm not sure. 

Yup, Spotify are aware of the issue so hopefully it will be fixed in a future client release. Unfortunately I know as much as you do as to when that will be!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi,

This is my first post here. 

I have the same problem. Operas should not have pauses between tracks! These are not "songs". How can I use gapless playback? I can't find this option under "settings" and I don't see any menu named "preferences" (I should clarify that my Spotify is in Spanish language). I'm using the Web player on Windows 8.1.

Please help me!

Thanks in advance!

Regards

May 7th, 2015. I'm having the same problem with this album on both my iPhone 6 and my PC desktop:

https://open.spotify.com/album/6l2vAtPS1STQYtNOQucQ9Q

The gaps in the songs on this album ruin it. Like the operas mentioned in previous posts.

Other notes:

1. I have gapless playback selected in my settings.

2. This even happens after I made the album available offline and waited for it to finish downloading before playing it from start to finish.

I had the same issue on my desktop, but everything worked fine on my iPhone. So what helped me was setting crossfade to a very tiny value. Go to Preferences and you will see crossfade option with a slide thing (I don't know how it's called). Drag it a little bit, so it's close to 0, but it doesn't show neither 0 nor 1 sec. Expereiment a little bit and that should work.

still have this issue? 

0 is for 0 crossfade, 12 is the max of sec of crossfade. I mean 0 is NOT 0 pause is 0 overlap, 12 is that the "song 2" gonna star 12 secs before "song 1" ends.

6 YEARS later and Spotify still are having this issue (on iPhone version)!!! You can’t play an album seamlessly!!! I wish Spotify wouldn’t call it ‘gapless playback’ The toggle should be labelled ‘almost gapless but just enough to ruin a live album’. Plus a series of other annoyances such as 1) a horrible transition from premium to family premium which means I now can’t edit my own playlists and I am given a horrible jumble of characters as user nane; 2) when using shuffle the app adds all tracks to the ‘up next’ list which means it’s quest is to play EVERY track on the album even if you choose another playlist, and the up next list cannot be deleted with a single click instead they have to be removed one by one (rendering shuffle a complete no go for me); 3) lots of other awful UI changesIn the last couple of years (like being unable to skip to a letter in the alphabet to find an album).

I am seriously thinking I am wasting my money with Spotify premium. Especially as they STILL haven’t launched high definition playback yet - I think I’ll switch to Tidal, Amazon or one of the other high quality streaming providers.

Apologies for the rant but I am seriously disappointed by Spotify.

I can't even find gapless playback in the settings.

Hey @crobannon, what device are you using? 🙂

You should be able to find it in settings on both mobile and desktop apps. The web player does not have that setting to toggle though.

Let me know!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am using a Windows laptop. I have looked for Gapless Playback under
Advanced Preferences, but I don't see it there.

Suggested posts