HATE the new popular discovery

HATE the new popular discovery

hesi06

I absolutely HATE the new popular area/popular songs discovery!!

come on

I know what I like, I'm not interested in popular!!!

OMG this is the worst feature ever.

3 Replies

Re: HATE the new popular discovery

Joe
Community Legend

You can just ignore it or you can launch the browser or web player from a link to an album, artist or playlist and you never need to see Discover again.

Peter__
Community Legend
Is it Browse or Discover you don't like?

Discover should give you personalized recommendations based on your listening habits.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

C_Robert

I've got to agree with OP.

It seems like there was a recent change to the Discover page.  I'm seeing a vastly inflated number of "Popular in your area", "Popular on Spotify", "when you were a teenager", and "Trending" selections.  The problem is that the vast majority (99+%) of these are (to my personal tastes) utter garbage.  They do not reflect my tastes, in fact most of them are from genres I specifically avoid because I do not enjoy them.

Yes, there are still some "because you listened to" and "if you like" peppered in there... but they are fewer and further between than I remember.  

I also know for a fact that there have been several new album releases in the last few months by favorite artists and in favorite genres about which I've seen zero notification in Discover or under Browse>New Releases and have only found because I was anticipating them or through following the band in other media.

SUGGESTED POSTS