Hello! Question about Premium for College Students.

Highlighted

Hello! Question about Premium for College Students.

killallrobots1

Hey guys, I'd love it if I could get some insider knowledge, and possibly even some advice on where to turn to next! 

I am enrolled in college, but have just graduated high school a few weeks ago. So, technically I am a college student, and I'm certain I'm in my college's system, but not as a student taking classes. Anyways, I tried to enroll for spotify+hulu premium now that I've deposited my money to the college, picked my classes, got my high school diploma, etc, etc... but it said it could not determine if I was a college student. My questions are the following: Am I supposed to wait until I'm on campus, basically? How does the system determine who is a college student? And is there someone to whom I could send my college information that would prove I'm an incoming student, and thus could get my discount?

Any help would be very helpful, and my family is going through a tough financial time, which is part of the reason I'm inquiring about this at all (save any money ya can, ya know).

Thanks again! 

1 Reply

Re: Hello! Question about Premium for College Students.

Hey there @killallrobots1,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community! No worries, we'll be happy to help.

You mention trying to sign up before your term begun. This would explain why you're having troubles signing up for the offer as students must be actively in term at their college/university to be eligible. 

Keep in mind that we use SheerID to verify your Student status. If they’re unable to, we’re afraid you’re not eligible for the Student discount at this time. For more information, including details of the documentation you need to verify your student status, check out their student support page. You can also trying submitting for manual verification. 

In the meanwhile, you can take a look here to see if you're eligible for any offers or trials we're currently offering.

Hope this helps shed some light! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
SUGGESTED POSTS