Announcements

Help! Two songs no longer available?

Highlighted

Help! Two songs no longer available?

Casual Listener

I noticed something strange today, and there was really no explanation given as to why. I don't know if I'm posting this in the right place, but I figured I'd start here.

I noticed that two songs from the Aladdin Special Edition OST are no longer available: Friend Like Me & Prince Ali. I find it very odd, as this seems to have happened in the past according to Reddit, and someone pointed out that these are the only two songs that features Robin Williams.

I was really disappointed when I went to put the soundtrack on Mobile today and noticed those two songs were missing, especially when they were up yesterday. I ended up removing the entire album from my playlist because it's lacking the best songs and it's just not the same anymore.

Can someone help me figure this out? I'd really appreciate it.

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Help! Two songs no longer available?

Composer

Hi there,

Are you talking about This album?

this album

Because I can see both songs you mention and play them.

May I ask what regions you're in? Have you tried logging in and out, or checking on another device?

Grts,

^R

Highlighted

Casual Listener

That is the album I am referring to, but I'm a bit confused. I live in the US (Midwest), so I wouldn't think it would be a regional issue. I intitially tried on my Mobile and just now tried on the web player on desktop and the two songs are visible but greyed out and unplayable. The only option I have is to bring up the Radio for the artist, but the two songs mentioned are the only ones that I can't play.

Highlighted

Composer

Hi there,

Usually, when you come across a greyed out track that is visible but unplayable, it's most likely due to a territorial issue (for instance, if the tracks copyrights have been transferred to another party) or some other underlying label 'issue'.

More often than not, the track will become playable soon again. but unfortunately, it's hard to say for sure as this is isn't exactly a Spotify 'issue', more of a rights issue most likely between labels.

Keep an eye on it for a while to see if it resolved itself.

Grts,

^R

SUGGESTED POSTS