HiFi - Lossless - where are you

Solved!
2 people liked this

Re: HiFi - Lossless - where are you

CraigOz
Casual Listener

I'm trialing Tidal now. Positive so far. No listening fatigue with lossless, and Tidal is not boosting the volume (about 6db in my experience), which kills the dynamic range.

Highlighted
6 people liked this

hvttvh
Music Fan

What is the roadmap on this. Voting is fine but give us your thoughts. Is there a BETA. Let me test. What kind of info does Spotify need to be move forward. Any feedback from SPOTIFY is welcome.

Be the inovator you was before TIDAL moved to better quality.

4 people liked this

Re: HiFi - Lossless - where are you (week 1 no update)

hvttvh
Music Fan

Hi Spotify,

Any news?

3 people liked this

Re: HiFi - Lossless - where are you (week 1 no update)

Pedro43
Music Fan

Sony launches hi-res streaming service in Japan

https://www.whathifi.com/news/sony-launches-hi-res-streaming-service-in-japan

7 people liked this

Loddbrok
Casual Listener

I left spotify for Tidal about two years ago now because of no lossless, and the answer was the same back then as it is now (please vote ....). I still think spotify has the best  interface, so I'm hoping that they will launch a better format in the near future. In the mean time I hope as many spotify users as possible use their consumer power, and take their buisness elsewhere until spotify get it together (I myself would be back in a heart-beat if spotify were to launch a lossless service).

5 people liked this

Re: HiFi - Lossless - where are you (week 2 no update)

hvttvh
Music Fan

Hi Spotify,

I see a lot of people reacting but currently no formal update from Spotify self. Could you please review your roadmap and come back to us. As a X-mass gift :-)

1 person liked this

Re: HiFi - Lossless - where are you (week 3 no update)

hvttvh
Music Fan

Hi Spotify,

Week 3 already. 2 days before x-mass. Nice yime to review last year and think about the furture. What about Hi-res Audio. You have still time to put it under the X-mass tree.

Happy Holidays...

1 person liked this

Pedro43
Music Fan

I have just returned to TIdal now that there are Mix "for you". That's what I missed for myself.

To listen to Mqa with my Dac compatible is better than the Hifi. And there is a lot of album in 24 bits.

It had to react before Spotify.

1 person liked this

Falistar
Casual Listener

Do you acually belive, you are capable to spot the sound quality from 16bit vs 24 bit?

2 people liked this

CraigOz
Casual Listener

Probably not, but can tell the different between Spotify high and Tidal 16 bit.

I find Spotify fatiguing vs Tidal. Whether that's lossless, or whether that's Spotify applying dynamic range compression to satisfy those using default ear-buds. I suspect so,  listening to the same songs on both.

In every other way Spotify is better, just not where it should count.

Unless there's a setting: "Using decent headphones" that I missed.

SUGGESTED POSTS