HiFi - Lossless - where are you

Solved!

Re: HiFi - Lossless - where are you

Pedro43
Gig Goer

I stopped my subscription to Spotify and I erased Spotify from all the devices in the House. I no longer support them with their lack of know-how to live who never listen to paying users and their obsession with the podcast.

I don't even know if I'll come back when they have a better sound. Their interface is completely outdated, limited. They'd do well to take lessons with Apple music. In any case if you want to have a hope that it moves, it does as soon unsubscriptions en masse explaining why.

knoxville1

Starts to become time, Amazon is working on HiFi as well... it's 2019 guys!

dkizzy

Tidal Hi-Fi is 18.99 via Plex partnership. You can still use the Tidal app as well. I have that and Spotify. I'm starting to see tracks listed that say 'Master'. I am going to presume these are 24-bit, doe anybody know?

poilover
Regular

The "M" next to tracks on Tidal denotes a MQA file which is a proprietary hi-res compressed (lossy) format licensed by Meridian.  MQA or Master Quality Authentication is supposed to deliver the music the way it was recorded and mastered in the studio, at least that is the marketing buzz.

You need an MQA certified DAC to get the full 24-bit/192kHz signal.  But some softwares such as Audirvana and the Tidal desktop or Tidal Chrome web player will do the first "unfold" of the MQA file to 24-bit and 88.2 or 96 kHz.  I use Audirvana on my Macbook Pro.  There is a lot of controversy regarding MQA quality and the principle of proprietary formats and holding hardware companies hostage.  I am neutral and just want the best sound I can get and afford.

decooney
Gig Goer
Many who departed already just wanted true lossless from Spotify. That’s all.

Oh well, we tried with Spotify. They could care less.

Meanwhile Tidal continues to evolve. Tidal gets it and they are in it for the long game. Spotify does not get it. They don’t want to. Cheap-cheap.
Never pays to cut corners. Quality and Value always prevails in the end.

anilhaksever
We ask for WASAPI or ASIO in Windows for years now also... Spotify was ahead of the curve sometimes. Now really dragging behind...

artyom_af

I also have tried the Tidal - so, the Spotify music quality is not acceptable anymore. Spotify, why you still do not provide the lossles option?

kenb129
Music Fan

Make sure to vote for it. Evidently that's all they care about.

@artyom_af wrote:

I also have tried the Tidal - so, the Spotify music quality is not acceptable anymore. Spotify, why you still do not provide the lossles option?

Blueshound24

THis has been discussed since 2014!!!   Get with the program!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Music-HiFi-Quality-Lossless-Streaming-16bit-44-1khz/idi-...

And this is a joke of a response from Spotify. Meaning, there is no response. Period.

I along with MANY others need lossless CD quality music. 

Bye bye Spotify. I am one happy Tidal user here, and not looking back. 

#LoveLosslessMusic

#CDQualitySpotifyOrSeeYaDontWannaBeYa

ybaumy_1
Casual Listener

This is getting annoying. Already signed up at Tidal, also because of the Plex integration. But that there is no response from Spotify at all is what really bugs me out.

I like the Spotify experience very much but i must say if someone asked me today if i would recommend him spotify or tidal.. i would just say go with tidal if you love music and are not just a casual listener.

SUGGESTED POSTS