HiFi - Lossless - where are you

Solved!

Re: HiFi - Lossless - where are you

Paddy90
Casual Listener

Hand on my heart, I would be happy to pay double the current subscription fee to be able to stream lossless audio from Spotify.

Please make it happen, I like many others are here because of the great music library Spotify has and we have a real passion for music and seek the best audio listening experience.

JeffreyQC
Casual Listener

I finally make the move to Tidal. (few months ago)

The sound quality is MUCH better with Tidal.

Spotify interface is better ..... but the sound quality of Tidal is CD quality and more

Spotify, i wait for a lossless format. But you failed to deliver one !

Now my next family plan, will be with Tidal.

You had your chance. I suggest to others to make the jump too.

Maybe one day Spotify, will listen to it's customers and give some "feedback" instead of being silent!

Thank you Spotify, to not listening your customers and staying silent !

poilover
Regular

You guys are going to hate me.  I have been pretty vocal on this forum.  I have made a lot of upgrades to my system and tonight on a whim I was going to add spotify back just to get access to the playlists.  But after listening I cancelled Tidal.  I swear the music quality has gotten better since the last time I was on Spotify about a year ago and maybe they have made some improvements?  IDK.

I am totally satisfied with the sound, it actually sounds good.  My upgrades included a Lifatec optical cable from my Pass Labs class A amp to the Chord dac, a Kimber Kable Model 10 power cord for my amp, and an Isotek Polaris power strip for the DAC.  I do not know what to say other than maybe they are making stealth improvements or my ears are a year older but man I am really enjoying the playlists and the connect feature.  

Gezz2624
Visitor

I totally agree and as an avid music listener I moved from spotify to Tidal and since then will not change unless spotify bring something of equal quality.

When I first heard the differance between lossy and lossless I could not believe my ears, so much so I dragged out my vinyl player and played my old records, cannot compete spotify tidal is where I'll be staying unless you do some thing soon, sorry but quality does matter!!!!

Jeanmimile
Visitor

Dear Spotify,

where are you standing on this feature? 

I love music, have a great amplifier and speakers, however, to listen good music, I need to still put my cd’s in. Would love a pure and complete dematerialised music system. 

Streaming is good for car or small sound system, but not enough for stronger one. 

Please, strengthen your offer with hi-res music. 

Jeanmimile

vo-pw0f_fynf
Casual Listener

Tidal for me also. Mostly because they had this "wonderful" idea to remove the last songs played from library.

But Tidal has a better audio experience overall. 

Umutm
Visitor

I don't know why Spotify still have this community, they don't care aboult it so they can close it with no problem.
No Hi-Fi no lyrics. Shame.

bgbruno
Visitor

this is no solution

JeffreyQC
Casual Listener
The difference is easily noticeable with DT 990 PRO headset or a simple pair of KEF LS50. 

Try this tracks for exemple: (A / B test)

My One And Only Thrill from Melody Gardot
Home from Dominique Fils-Aimé
Omstart from Cornelius
Bloodless from Andrew Bird
Little Wing from Stevie Ray Vaughan

And thank you for allowing me to discover Pass Labs amps! ;)

poilover
Regular

Looking forward to Amazon's High Res service which supposedly is coming soon.  For now I am on Spotify just wishing and hoping for their hi-res service.

JeffreyQC:  You should check out Nelson Pass's kitchen-table-area-51 First Watt amps too.  They are down and dirty exotic circuitry designs in generic chassis's for more reasonable cost.

SUGGESTED POSTS