HiFi - Lossless - where are you

Solved!

Re: HiFi - Lossless - where are you

peterchalk
Casual Listener

Weve been REALLY patient with this .. I dont undertand why this has taken so long to implement . CD or better still full bandwidth FLAC full lossless.

Its clearly not technical as other mature services exist in this space..

Ive started using Deezer and RadioParadise as the sound is *noticably* better than 320 res for a lot of content (playing through Sonos Play:3 system). Going back to Spotify HD (320) is like plugging your ears with mud!

Also, Most internet plans are limit-free now so no excuse for charging a premium now either.

Please get it sorted quickly or Im pulling my Fam plan and moving over ..

sovietwarbear_N
Casual Listener

same here. i realy like spotify but othere hand it hate it after so many years stil no lossless i try tidel and like so much more and happy pay 20euro for it but how you stream it to my SR7009 is **bleep** that why i stil use spotify

shadyjones
Casual Listener
The problem with Spotify is not so much that it is lacking lossless, bit
rather that something is broken in their sound quality to begin with. It
sounds much worse than it should for the quality they offer. If you set
Tidal to use lossy quality and compare it to Spotify you'll find that Tidal
still sounds much better.

scddd

I fully agree with those many other people wishing themself the losless HiFi Spotify. I hope that there will be some changes in the near future.

CRYPTONIC84
Visitor

**bleep** true

kenb129
Music Fan

I believe those of us who want lossless are in a minority, and there is just not enough financial incentive to implement. As more and more services go lossless, they will eventually be forced to do it.

Much of the problem lies in the consumer, too many people have no clue when it comes to sound quality and listen on inferior equipment because they've learned this way. Money is an issue of course, but I believe lack of education is even bigger.

kenb129
Music Fan

I hope now that Amazon is doing lossless Spotify will get on board. 90 day free trial right now.

EtheAv8r
Casual Listener

Now that Amazon have entered the HiRes lossless streaming arena, it is too late for Spotify; Amazon are HUGE, thay are going to own this market in no time flat.

mookid74
Casual Listener

Hey Spotify

You're on thin ice. Trust me I love your platform, but if I do a free trial one lazy afternoon and the Amazon HiRes appears to be clearly superior than yours then I'll leave you. Just get on with it ffs. Anyway some of your rips of certain albums sound like 'mud in your ears'. I'm generally the calmest dude but I think you might be pushing a lot of your customers to go elsewhere. How difficult can it be?

poilover
Regular
I am on Amazon HD and I cannot see me leaving it. Their curated playlists are decent enough and the app too.

You had me back for a little time Spotify but for $3 more I get lossless! Amazon is now exposing the masses to HD so people will no longer be oblivious and will be curious. This is the likes of when Microsoft gave the world PC’s. Huge!
SUGGESTED POSTS