HiFi - Lossless - where are you

Solved!

Re: HiFi - Lossless - where are you (WEEK 13 no update)

kenb129
Music Fan

I'm starting to think they are intentionally avoiding higher quality streaming. For the second time in the last few months, their app automatically changed default from highest quality to lowest for downloads. Perhaps it was sloppy coding, but after having to download gigs worth of recordings again I'm not convinced.

decooney
Gig Goer

Agree. Something more going on. BOTTOM LINE, SHAREHOLDERS, $.  

Likely "Cost" & "Profitability" now supercedes Quality of Service and Customer Satisfation at Spotify IF stock-shareholders are in the drivers seat. Likley crying about a downturn in stock value and lower profits.

Later on we'll see an all-new campaign to bring back former customers, and it will be too late.  I haven't listened to Spotify once since I switched to Tidal HI FI permanently 30 days ago. Wishing Spotify the best of luck on their future turnround attempt.  If they wait another year, could be game over.     

e0d5v5-_ev3gc
Casual Listener
I just cancelled my Spotify family plan. I told Spotify they have the best interface hands down (though admittedly Tidal is catching up quickly). I'm keeping Apple Music for the family as it sounds much better than Spotify. For my premium sound system I am still trying to decide Tidal or Qobuz. Qobuz sounds the best to me but the interface there is not nearly as good as Tidal.

poilover
Regular

I do not think we are Spotify's target and ideal customer.    Seems like their targets are those that listen to music from mobil phones with ear buds where hi-res is insignificant.  But I do thank Spotify for making me realize just how much better hi-res streaming can be.

Tidal's "My Mix" playlists are pretty good and I am sure will get better so for now I got hi-res and customized playlists.  Qobuz does not have as good options or customized playlists imo but their target customer seems to be another niche of hi-res users that like to buy and download the music too.

Re: HiFi - Lossless - where are you

subfader

@staff How many votes are required so Spotify offers lossless streaming?

Swordhun
Casual Listener

I'm not staff, but my answer is: all + 1 :)

merrylauwrens

Since 1 month in Tidal ... I was waiting that Spotify came to lossless ...but I realy don’t understand that in 2019 the first Music streaming provider doesn’t do anything in this side...we have 4and5g , optical fiber and high internet connections all over the world ...nothing witch prohibits. So why your max premium service is the bad and old mp3 quality. In TIDAL and others there is no technical problem to play high quality format. The CD quality’s dating from the end of the 70’. So what the problem with your mp3 quality in 2019 ? + zero communication on your plan ...

Keep in mind we speak here about music, and we pay to listen... this is no just a $$$ story. 

I like also to see the crédits album and tracks on Tidal. For me with the quality formats it’s respect for artists and listener and I appreciate this.

So I’m closing my premium with you. And weel see if it’s a def moove...byebye 

Swordhun
Casual Listener

Today I subscribed to Tidal Hifi. The sound quality uncomparable...

Spotify family plan remain because the kids & my wife, but I'll try to drive them to Tidal.

Spoti, the future depends on you... yet.

Re: HiFi - Lossless - where are you (week 15 no update)

hvttvh
Music Fan

Hi all,

We are in week 15. Time flies when you get no response. We are in week 15 and I think we will not get any new update. Spotify is in a fight with Apple. Because there is a thread and also an issue on updating their app. Do you think they are also worried about updating their platform to lossless audio let say they start with 16bit 44khz and move it slowly up to 24bit and 96khz. You know what whit an upgrade like this they are can move up the price for our montly fee.

I hope this will also open their eyes they not only need to fight apple but listen to their customers. Let's wait and see.

Kind regards!

EtheAv8r

I totally agree.  Tried Spotify, prefer the way it works and bigger library, but currently am a Tidal HiFi subscriber until Spotify get the message and deliver a Hi Res streaming service - Tidal for all it's limitations, delivers much better sounding music.

Wake Up Spotify, people are willing to pay for a HiRes Service, deliver one or ultimately go to the wall.....  as others take your customers off you.

SUGGESTED POSTS