HiFi - Lossless - where are you

Solved!

Re: HiFi - Lossless - where are you

decooney
Gig Goer

Shareholders seeing a $50/share drop since last summer have been asking "what it's going to take to get the stock price back up? " 

>>STEP#1:  Start with listening to you current customers while you still have them.<<

3-5 years it's going to be entirely different ball game, the market and technology changes fast.  

kenb129
Music Fan

I keep telling myself that eventually they will be left behind and realize they need hifi to keep up, but then I think about the SiriusXM cashcow and the millions of subscribers for horrendous sound. 

Pedro43
Gig Goer

When they realize, the lovers of sound will already have gone elsewhere to enjoy a better quality of sound and a more modern interface.
It will become a simple podcast application since there is only that which interests them now. With a bit of music streaming "to dad".
When we think that the genre "soundtrack" is not referenced in the styles, while K-pop yes ... it says a lot about their love sound!
The day Apple Music releases a lossless version, it's over from Spotify. And it's not the podcasts that will save them.
Even artists leave Spotify now ...
It is the beginning of the end.
It makes me sad, but with an internal policy as far from user expectations, it can not last.

Pedro43
Gig Goer

Re: HiFi - Lossless - where are you (week 19)

hvttvh
Music Fan

Hi Spotify,

We are now 19 week. 19 weeks!!! after my first post on getting the attention to move to a higher bitrate. After a lot of post and a lot of clarification why this should happen and that there is a big change that Spotify is going to miss the boat there is no reply nor feedback towards all the people that have voted for better quality of streaming. I will continue even if it will hit week 53. Hoped to get some feedback. Your customers are doing it but also posting about Tidal and Qobuz so why isn't nobody of your team taking us serious.

I hope to hear something soon but I have my doubts.

Souyhy78

The moderator's answer marked as a solution is NOT a solution. It is simply yet more procrastination on the part of Spotify who are stubbornly refusing to implement a feature that has been long requested by its user base.

Pull your damned fingers out Spotify or lose your customers to the other players that sound infinitely better than you. Your UI only carries so much good will.....

kenb129
Music Fan

Evidently this isn't where they believe the money is at. We are a small group who want this and until they have to, they won't do it. 

Pedro43
Gig Goer

poilover
Regular

I would definitely consider Amazon as they have a pretty good catalog and hi-res for cheaper than Tidal, now we are talking.

If I were Spotify, I would be concerned.  I mean we are talking AWS one of the cloud pioneers with data centers, ample bandwidth and a profitable business!

magconpres

Spotify is not listening to it's hi-res loving customers, and I am no longer listening to (or paying) Spotify.  I'm fine with that.  I assume Spotify is as well.

Amazon getting into this coul dbe a game changer and a real threat to Tidal and Qobuz.  I have Amazon Pr1me, but preferred both Pandora and Spotfy to the free version, and Spotify for the paid.  That said, I'd consider switching to Amazon from Qobuz.  I have a most of my ripped music uploaded to Amazon as an archive.  I rarely stream it from there, but if I was lareayd accessing Amazon for music, then maybe I would.

Spotify has some issues with the record labels it most likey has to address well before it considers upping it'q quality, which I suspect it has already made a decision on.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/a-radical-solution-to-spotifys-biggest-problems-an...

SUGGESTED POSTS