HiFi - Lossless - where are you

Solved!
2 people liked this

Re: HiFi - Lossless - where are you (week 3 no update)

Pedro43
Music Fan

Of course we hear a big difference between 16 and 24 bits! But you have to have very good quality audio equipment with high quality DAC.

3 people liked this

hvttvh
Music Fan

Week 4, still no feedback from Spotify. But OK we are heading into a new year the year 2019. Perhaps a year that Spotify is going to announce they are moving to 24bit Hires sound like their competators.

You never know what the new year will bring us. I hope a positive answer from Spotify.

4 people liked this

Iosobizio
I've been waiting for months now for spotify to add the lossless option.
hink I'll have to go to Tidal.

1 person liked this

Pedro43
Music Fan

Go to Tidal. Not only is there the sound MQA including on Android mobiles (so the DAC) for a week and now there are also the mixes according to your listening. I haven't put music on Spotify since I changed. If, sometimes to realize that the sound on Spotify is unheard.

2 people liked this

hvttvh
Music Fan

Week 6 (already) - Ok Spotify I gave you a week extra due to the holidays. Perhaps people are away and responding was hard. But now when everybody is back, fresh and full off energy we hope to hear quick the plans on 2019 on Lossless (HiRes) streaming. Good luck and hope to hear soon from you.

5 people liked this

Re: HiFi - Lossless - where are you

decooney
Gig Goer

GONNA BAIL OUT on Spotify Premium now (today) because your Execs continue to refuse to offer (or publicly announce) HiFi Lossless like Tidal offers today, along with Tidal HiFi Masters.  Better get moving faster Spotify, no joke. 

Nothing like paying consumers moving away to get your decision makers moving, and/IF you don't already have something in the works now, we might be back in a few years when you do. Til then, the Paradigm shift has already started with consumers.  

SOUND QUALITY 1st!: 

During testing and evaluations of different non-oversampling tube Digital Analog Converters (tube and solid state DACs) this past month an audiophile friend suggested I "try  and switch to Tidal HiFi instead and never look back".  He was spot on.  Last night I re-tested Tidal Normal, High, HiFi Lossless, Tidal Masters. I was not prepared for the difference.  My friend was right.    Pain in the **bleep** to rebuild my entire catalog of playlists but the difference in sound quality is worth the change, and particularly for the audiophile communitiy.  9 of 10 of my Audiophile buddies have alreayd done it, i was the Spotify Premium holdout. Now I'm gone too. All of our local audio shops in our area run Tidal HiFi now. Bummer, while many of us prefer all of the other features (interface, music selections, AI/learning, sharing) of Spotify better, it's just not at the same level of  sound quality.  Spotify Premium was better, but still has that lean MP3 (thin, veiled over, not full sound) compared to Tidal HiFi.  Over and out. IMHO Buy the Tidal Co, merge the best of the two and call it game over as the industry best service provider -OR- get working REAL FAST on offering Spotify HiFi Losless to your customers, ASAP!  Competition is fierce, other new players comign soon too. :) We wish you all at Spotify the best of luck on your upcoming deicsion making Roadmap for 2019-2020.  

6 people liked this

anglomilian
Casual Listener

Tidal offered me 3 month of hifi only for 2$. I have gived it a chance and the difference i noticed bethween Spotify and Tidal was not on your side. I am moving slowly my music colletion to Tidal now. When my trial 2$ subscription will end, i will cancel Spotify subscription to Tidal. This is my "Cool story Bob".

2 people liked this

kenb129
Music Fan

I also have the $2 for 3 month trial on Tidal. Now they have a lossless family plan. I sure hope Spotify gets one too so I don't have to switch, I do like the Spotify app better.

2 people liked this

Rafaxdummy

I'm now trying the Tidal 1.99 Hifi for 3 months as well, you can check the difference with adobe audition, record both sources and get the difference between both tracks, the Spotify one and the Tidal one, ogg vobis 320Kbps vs the flac 16bit-44.1KHz, the difference is huge.

Why not an option for CD quality in spotify?

kenb129
Music Fan

@Rafaxdummy wrote:

I'm now trying the Tidal 1.99 Hifi for 3 months as well, you can check the difference with adobe audition, record both sources and get the difference between both tracks, the Spotify one and the Tidal one, ogg vobis 320Kbps vs the flac 16bit-44.1KHz, the difference is huge.

Why not an option for CD quality in spotify?

I suppose it's the quality vs quantity thing, just get more people signed up and most don't know the difference anyway. Look at Sirius XM, awful sound quality but it's convenient and there are millions of subscribers. I get that it's satellite and has pre-recorded DJs and some live content, but the sound quality doesn't matter. 

When my trial runs out in two months I will likely end up switching and paying Tidal the $25/month for family plan instead of the $15/month I currently pay for Spotify.

SUGGESTED POSTS