HiFi - Lossless - where are you

Solved!
1 person liked this

Re: HiFi - Lossless - where are you (WEEK 10 no update)

krisk6

No,it is time let Spotfy do what they want and for us to switch to another streamig service.

1 person liked this

decooney
Gig Goer

@anglomilian wrote:

Status SOLVED = We are tired of your whining about lossless streaming. Just shut up.

No.  

kenb129
Music Fan

@decooney wrote:

@anglomilian wrote:

Status SOLVED = We are tired of your whining about lossless streaming. Just shut up.

No.  

I think it's obvious this thread means nothing to Spotify. A bunch of us want lossless, are willing to pay for it, but we represent too few users to get what we want. I believe the key here is to get as many people as possible to go to that pole and vote for lossless.

2 people liked this

decooney
Gig Goer
Or perhaps Spotify is buckling down to not spend money right now trying to satisfy shareholders instead of potential new customers or former customers who bailed out to Tidal for lossless.

RESULT for some of us:
-Use FREE Spotify version, find and create playlists.
-Auto-Transfer songs and Playlists to Tidal via Soundiz.
-Pay $ and Play on Tidal In Lossless.

Bummer. Lost revenue for Spotify. Oh well. Good Luck!

5 people liked this

poilover
Regular

I had to cancel my Spotify HiFi after going back to Tidal on a whim.  The sound difference is huge on a good system and now with Qobuz on the USA shores, I have no reason to come back to Spotify until they get real hi-res, regardless of their superior playlists and user specific listening algorithms.  Life is too short for low-res so Ciao for now!

4 people liked this

Re: HiFi - Lossless - where are you (WEEK 11 no update)

hvttvh
Music Fan

Hello Spotify & @katherina (moderator),

It is week 11 since my first post. Time runs fast. Busy time @Spotify I hope with moving to at least CD quality sound or perhaps even higher. Who knows? Of course you would know as you are working on this approvement. I hope you have read my previous post and thought yes he is right we need to do something.

I hope you can give us an update on it (I think you are  to busy (working on new sound quality) but you never know.

Other questoins that still stands is how many votes do we need? Never got an answer on that one. Please don't hurry but if you have time please answer.

Thanks!

3 people liked this

Swordhun
Casual Listener

I think they've communication problem or forbidden to say anything about new developments. If the information about hifi beta testing in the past was true, the technical circumstances, rights etc. is available. If not.... we should go.

I wrote the user support about this When lossless... question, they thought I'm stupid and said me: go to vote for this option, when the votes over 100, they will handle it. 
I wrote back some nice words, they disappeared, never write again (I'm family subscriber, so they don't care with customers a lot...)

I tried Tidal, too much difference between the quality, but very hard to move the whole family & Daily mix is unbeatable. Tidal mix is good, but not enough good as I excepted. So... I don't know :)

1 person liked this

Pedro43
Gig Goer

It will be several months since I went to Tidal Hifi and I have reopened Spotify only once or twice. I do not miss anything. On the contrary. On Tidal the sound is exceptional, IOS and Android applications great, there is finally a "soundtrack" section and every time I add an album, it does not count me 10 or 15 tracks in a list of very limited favorites like on  Spotify. I'm really glad that Spotify did not put HiFi. It allowed me to test a service for a long time that did not attract me and now that I got used to it, going back to Spotify is not even considered.

2 people liked this

Re: HiFi - Lossless - where are you

ariscotle
Casual Listener

I'm not giving up hope. I do love me some Spotify, and in fact still have my premium subscription. That said...

Now I have Tidal as well, and basically use it exclusively. No comparison between sound quality if you have an even half-way decent stereo setup or good headphones.

Because I get the military discount on Tidal, I am "all-in" on both services at about $20 a month... same as Tidal Hi-Fi is normally. For now, I am content to have both, but if Spotify does not decide to go lossless here within some reasonable timeframe... End of 2019? I'll be out and all Tidal until they (or someone... Apple, Google, Amazon etc) decides to cater to the lossless/audiophile community.

1 person liked this

Re: HiFi - Lossless - where are you (WEEK 13 no update)

hvttvh
Music Fan

Will 13 be our lucky number. We will see. I don't think so. I skipped a week. Give the people from spotify more time to responde. Didn't happen. It is a pitty that we cannot send this message to any moderator @Spotify.

Ok so what is the status. After 13 weeks again no response. I read some other items and you see that the moderator are closing the discussion down but not with any bright light for the future.

Strange do as even other providers like SOUNDCLOUD are moving to hires audio streaming. Lets wait and see...

SUGGESTED POSTS