Hidden tracks & albums? Why?

Solved!

Hidden tracks & albums? Why?

Khaled89
Casual Listener

Hey everyone,

So Spotify was launched in Egypt earlier this month, and since day one I subscribed immediately to premium, and I'm really still excited about it and happy it finally launched here. Now I'm having an inquiry, why many music is hidden from me and many tracks appear dimmed to me?

For example, I have only like 4 Guns N Roses albums available while my friend in Germany have like 14 albums available. And that's the case with many artists and music I love. 

So I want to know why not all the music is available for me? I'm a premium account user and decided to pay money for it, so why the restrictions?

Thanks 

Kind regards,

Khaled

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution! 1 person liked this

Re: Hidden tracks & albums? Why?

Rising Star 17 landonharris88
Rising Star 17

Unfortunately, these market restrictions are in place because of the licenses that record labels and publishers have with Spotify, which Spotify is legally obligated to comply with. Since Spotify has been launched in a couple countries only recently, it's likely that many of the licenses and market restrictions will be reevaluated! 

landonharris88Rising Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
1 Reply
Solution! 1 person liked this

Re: Hidden tracks & albums? Why?

Rising Star 17 landonharris88
Rising Star 17

Unfortunately, these market restrictions are in place because of the licenses that record labels and publishers have with Spotify, which Spotify is legally obligated to comply with. Since Spotify has been launched in a couple countries only recently, it's likely that many of the licenses and market restrictions will be reevaluated! 

landonharris88Rising Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS