High quality streaming - unavailable even on premium

Solved!

High quality streaming - unavailable even on premium

Szufla
Regular

Hello Board,

I`m having an issue with using high quality audio streaming. When I try to check the box that turns this function on. The box unchecks itseft, and some yellow bar on top of the spotify windows appears with message "This function is available..."

What I did.

I have installed on a clean windows7 spotify app. After this I have bought premium package. I have checked that premium is activated on web acount. After loging in spotify, I cannot turn on high quality streaming.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. This didn`t helped.

Please help me 

BR

Michal Z

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: High quality streaming - unavailable even on premium

Joe
Community Legend

Right, unlimited only streams at 160kbps unlike premium. If you restart the client, it should refresh and show the correct subscription at the top.

Highlighted
Solution!

Szufla
Regular

Ok, that information solves the issue. Thank you very much for your effor on helping me.

BR

7 Replies

Joe
Community Legend

Hi. What device, operating system and spotify version are you having trouble with?

Szufla
Regular

Hi JWYLOT.

Spotify app is installed on windows 7 64bit. Spotify ver is 0.9.1.57.

Joe
Community Legend

The desktop client shows "Spotify Premium" at the top?

Szufla
Regular

Show spotify unlimited. 

In moments ago, by mistake I have updated my unlimited account, to premium account. When o premium - high quality streaming is availeble fo chose. But why? I thought it is also available on unlimited?

At the moment I have canceled premium, gone back to the unlimited. But bar on top of the desktop app still shows premium. Even if my credit card is only charged for unlimited, on spotify account information tab. 

Szufla
Regular

I have to straight thing up. At the begining I have wrongly said I have premium. I had "unlimited" at this moment.

...and most probably as I can assume, "unlimited" accound does not have better sound quality :( ?!

Solution!

Joe
Community Legend

Right, unlimited only streams at 160kbps unlike premium. If you restart the client, it should refresh and show the correct subscription at the top.

Highlighted
Solution!

Szufla
Regular

Ok, that information solves the issue. Thank you very much for your effor on helping me.

BR

SUGGESTED POSTS