Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How To: Embed a Spotify Play Button on your Blog, Forum, or Website

How To: Embed a Spotify Play Button on your Blog, Forum, or Website

Since we launched the Spotify Play Button earlier this year, many bloggers, forums and websites have started using our Play Button to share music in a easy and elegant way. You can also add a Play Button to your website, forum post or blog.

All your fans have to do is hit play to enjoy the music.

Follow the simple steps below and you’ll have your site singing in seconds.

1) Open Spotify and right click on the Album, Track or Playlist you would like to embed.

2) Click on “Copy Embed Code”.

3) Paste this code in your blog or website in the HTML editor view.

4) That’s it!

To customize the look and feel of the play button:

You can use our Play Button generator. If you know some basic HTML you can follow these simple guidelines:

- To change the height and the width of the play button, just edit these two fields:
width="250” height=”300

(Minimum width is 250 pixels, minimum height is 80 pixels)

- To have the Play Button with a white theme, just add “&theme=white” right after the playlist or album code:

spotify:user:spotify:playlist:6AV1SULGwX3OFyYzoZqokN&theme=white

- If you prefer to show the cover art view, add “&view=coverart” after the playlist or album code:

spotify:user:spotify:playlist:6AV1SULGwX3OFyYzoZqokN&theme=white&view=coverart

(Minimum width for this view is 250 pixels, minimum height is 330 pixels)

Enjoy sharing the music!

14 Replies

can you do this with a playlist folder?

@StephenRoberts No its not possible to embed a playlist folder, at this time. 

Thank you...now the fun part is learning some html lingo.

How do I embed my playlist so that it can be used on any device?  Is there a way to make the <iframe> tag compatible on iOS?  Or is there another embed code that is compatible with all devices?

Thanks.

This is a test, hope it works!

XX.

Lola

Hey Rorey,

How do I add a follow button to community posts?

XX.

Lola

Hi Rorey, 

&theme=white doesn't seem to be working any longer. Do you have any other advice to change the embeded playlist background to white colour?

Hey @mich_. We believe this is now fixed. Can you clear your browser's cache and try again? Alternatively, you can try an icnognito window. Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks for your prompt reply Rory. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work.

I'm trying to embed it on tumblr, and I've noticed the html code gets changed to &amp;theme='white" after editing and re-posting. Could this be the issue?

Hi @Rorey,

Sorry to bother you again. I have contacted Tumblr with the video below showing the html code change after editing to no reply. I thought I also post it here in case there is some advice from Spotify's side. Thanks again for your help, Rorey.

I had exactly the same problem as you but I managed to get the white theme in the end by changing the & in &theme=white to a ?

So in the end my code looked like this:

<iframe src="https://open.spotify.com/embed/album/2jJfnAZE6IG3oYnUv2eCj4?theme=white" width="200" height="280" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>

doesn't works for me, i still have the black theme 😞 

my code looks like this : 

<iframe allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" height="450" src="https://embed.spotify.com/?uri=spotify%3Auser%3Acouleurbienetre%3Aplaylist%3A25Z1PCREO0v9j9flzhskdf&..." width="100%"></iframe></span><br /><br />

can you help me please ?? 

So I went into the playlist I wanted to use within Spotify app, clicked on that 3 dots button, then clicked on the copy embed code. I pasted the embed code into my code editor and changed the width and height. After doing all that I clicked the play button and tried clicking on a song and neither worked. Any suggestions? Screen Shot 2019-09-15 at 8.06.02 PM.png

Hey Rorey,

How do I add a playlist follow button to blog posts?

Suggested posts