How can I alphabetise playlists?????

Solved!

How can I alphabetise playlists?????

Casual Listener

Hiya,please please please can Spotify introduce a way to alphabetise my playlists? It is incredibly time consuming to drag and drop my hundreds of artist-named playlists into alphabetical order. I have to do that otherwise I would have no idea where to look for them when I go on Spotify on my iphone. If this feature could be put in it would literally save me hours of my life!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: How can I alphabetise playlists?????

Music Fan

Hi Guys, I know this is an old one but I've written a script that sorts playlists alphabetically.

It's available here:

http://crtr.co.uk/sortify/

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Highlighted

Community Legend

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, this is not currently a feature of Spotify on any client/device.

There is an idea for it here. Feel free to add Kudos and comment to show your support!

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||
Highlighted

Roadie

I can do this on my Android app now apparently, why not on my desktop Spotify player? Considering that I'm paying £10 monthly for my desktop version, and the Android app is merely a *free* remote/extension of it, this seems more than a little backwards?

Highlighted

Community Legend

@almightymat Stick to the one thread if you want to make friends and influence people 🙂

Highlighted

Roadie

Thanks Joe but I'm not really fussed about making friends and influencing people, in the nicest possible way I'm more interested in not have to put up with such a crummy interface when I pay £10/$15 a month for this service, it's expecially galling to install the Android app on my phone and IMMEDIATELY be offered the alphabetise option when people on here have been waiting over a year for what is potentially a very simple software update/tweak.

And as I've seen so many posts about this on here (which also begs the question why so many people/paying customers have to wait so long for such a simple and obvious thing) I just searched out the threads  with 'alphabetise playlists' in them (quite a few hits there) and pasted the same point in all of them - I waste so much time every day drag and dropping Spotify playlists into alphabetical order to make the player user-friendly like every other audio player out there that I sadly don't have time to read through all of these threads to select the most appropriate one to post my comment in... 😞

Highlighted
Solution!

Music Fan

Hi Guys, I know this is an old one but I've written a script that sorts playlists alphabetically.

It's available here:

http://crtr.co.uk/sortify/

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Spotify
Spotify
You can sort it alphabetically temporarily by tapping Track at the top of the playlist. If you'd like it sorted permanently, a work around would be to copy all alphabetised tracks into a new playlist.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Highlighted

Roadie

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the advice, but the issue here is being able to put the playlists themselves in alphabetical order within the list of playlists on the left, rather than being to play all the songs within a certain playlist in alphabetical order, not sure what the point of that would be...

Thanks

Highlighted

Music Fan

Hey Mat,

If you're on windows - you can use my playlist sorter over at http://crtr.co.uk/sortify

Highlighted

HI - before downloadin your script, is it available to U.S. and on mac ? thx

SUGGESTED POSTS