How can I alphabetise playlists?????

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: How can I alphabetise playlists?????

ryantcarter
Music Fan

Hey NYP, It should work in the US. It unfortunatly needs windows to run though!

I'm trying to work on a web portal for it so watch this space!

Highlighted

almightymat
Roadie

Hi again,

I just tried Sortify, I've run it several times now and each time it randomly pulls a huge chunk of playlists out of those that WERE in alphabetical order (say L through M) and dumps them at the top of the playlists list in a random order, like throwing a deck of cards in the air...is that supposed to happen!?

Also, it doesn't sort within playlist folders, is it supposed to?

Highlighted

almightymat
Roadie

Actually, scratch that, it's more like half my saved playlists that have been moved to the top of the deck and randomly shuffled, I'm actually worse off now than before...

Highlighted

almightymat
Roadie

And after one last try it's lifted all the unsorted playlists etc that I had saved in folders for future reference and scatters them randomly through the greater list of playlists. Fan-*****-tastic.

I'm going to stop trying this now...thanks for that.

Highlighted

rbrook77

Hi Ryan

I can't get this to work it just opens in a text editor and doesn't run do i need to paste it into something?

How come spotify dont implement it if so straight forward

Regards

Richard

Highlighted

ryantcarter
Music Fan

Hey rbrook77,

There should be a file called 'libspotifysharp.playlist.update.exe.config' open this in a text editor and add your credentials. If you don' t have a spotify username (ie if you signed up with facebook) you can reset it here - http://www.spotify.com/password-reset/ this should give you your username which is either something like 'ryantcarter' or a string of numbers.

Then you need to run the 'libspotifysharp.playlist.update.exe' file, just double click it and it should run in your command line, this little script is windows only.

At this point it's worth mentioning that users have been having mixed results with this script. It all depends on how your library is formatted. For me it's perfect as all of my playlists adhere to the schema of:

Artist - Title

The way it sorts is alphabetical based on the playlist name, if you have subscribed playlists it puts them all at the top, seperate to your other alphabetised playlists and if you have folders it can have some fairly wacky results. I don't personally use folders and it does the job for me.

I distrubuted it for free so if your mileage varies; then I'm not responsible for mixing up your playlists. 🙂

Highlighted

almightymat
Roadie

ALL of my playlists adhere to the naming format "Artist - Title", and ALL of them are now scattered like chaff including the ones that I'd spent hours putting into alphabetical order.

Thanks again for screwing up my spotify with your awful add-on that you're not responsible for...genius.

davidlondon101

Hey dude, thanks for creating the sorter. 

I'm not very good at this sort of stuff and I'm trying to follow the instructions. Just to be clear, do I just need to change the bits highlighted?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
<appSettings>
<add key="cachedirpath" value="c:\temp\libspotify" />
<!-- path where spotify saves its cache -->
<add key="deletecache" value="true" />
<!-- removes cache folder to force spotify to reload playlists -->
<add key="username" value="USERNAME" />
<!-- username for spotify logon -->
<add key="password" value="PASSWORD" />
<!-- password for spotify logon -->
<add key="sortplaylists" value="true" />
<!-- sort all playlists, genre playlists first-->
</appSettings>
<system.web>
<membership defaultProvider="ClientAuthenticationMembershipProvider">
<providers>
<add name="ClientAuthenticationMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.ClientServices.Providers.ClientFormsAuthenticationMembershipProvider, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" serviceUri="" />
</providers>
</membership>
<roleManager defaultProvider="ClientRoleProvider" enabled="true">
<providers>
<add name="ClientRoleProvider" type="System.Web.ClientServices.Providers.ClientRoleProvider, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" serviceUri="" cacheTimeout="86400" />
</providers>
</roleManager>
</system.web>
</configuration>

SUGGESTED POSTS