Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I find artists I'm following?

Solved!

How do I find artists I'm following?

So I find artists I like and I follow them, but how do I then find a list of all the artists I'm following to select one to listen to? I'm obviously being a bit dense. I can only see playlists on the left, but not people I'm following

Thanks in advance!

Jackie

92 Replies

It is deeply hidden, very disturbing

It used to be on the follow tab but it was removed due to low interaction as far as I understand.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

OK, consider putting it back.

For all of you who are on the new spotify beta your name is now at the bottom left of the screen. Click that then click "Following" on your profile to get to the people you are following.

Follow my Indie Music Playlist here!

Follow my Top Hip Hop and R&b Playlist here!

@majormusicpromo - On which platform is that?

Peter

That is the version that was given to me when I just signed up, and I just signed up recently. Under the spotify logo it says beta so that must mean that not all people have this version, and some of the replies were in accurate to people with the version that I see.

Follow my Indie Music Playlist here!

Follow my Top Hip Hop and R&b Playlist here!

Ah sounds like the web player at play.spotify.com - yes it's interface is a little different to the main desktop client.

Peter

This is a great example of totally non-usable design. Congratulations Spotify! This is really easy to find!

Peter, when i follow the steps you listed below i keep getting an error message that says "something went wrong! Try Again". i haev tried several times, deleted the app and redownloaded spotife app, and even rebooted my iphone. How can i solve the proplem?

Thanks

There are some current issues which are affecting the social aspects of spotify. Please check this thread for the latest updates.

On the pc, when I click on my name or photo nothing happens. I could find my followers there before. What do I do now?

Does the menu with the options "profile", "private session" etc. not appear for you any more?

I have the option "private session" (see attachement), but nothing happens when I click on my name or picture. It used to be, but there is no active link there anymore. It changed when I got the new black design. Now I can't see my followers or the one that I follow (but those that I follow I can see as usual on the right side, what they share and have been listening to).

spotify file.png

I just found out when I click on a friends name and go to their profile I can open those who are following them, and I find my self in the list, and can open my profile from there. Then I can find who's following me and those that I follow.

You definitely should be able to open your own profile from clicking your name in the top right corner of the client. Might be worth reinstalling to see if that fixes it?
http://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Peter

Thank you for answering. I was afraid that I could lose the playlists that I have made, but I followed the link and read that I will keep them.

I have reinstalled Spotify, but the link on my name is still don't active.

I 'm in contact with Spotify support and will get help from them.

One of the rock stars reported similar behavior yesterday in our chat. What version of the client are you using (Help/Spotify > About)?

Peter

I think that my question is part of this same problem: why when I save an artist in the cellphone it appears in "My Music - Artists" tab, but it doesn't appear in the same tab in the pc?

It was ok until I got the new black design.

Now I'm using version 0.9.10.14.g578d350b.

Spotify support couldn't help me, so I don't know what to do.

I logged in to Sptify webpage now, and it works there, the link on my photo is active and I can see my followers and those that I follow.

Suggested posts