Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I remove a large number of songs from Liked Songs?

How do I remove a large number of songs from Liked Songs?

Sorry if I've posted in the wrong place and about my english.

My playlist "Liked Songs" contains a large number of songs (8,000 +) because I've added the entire album by accident.

How do I remove the songs based on the album, eg.: If all the songs from an album are in the playlist, then remove these songs.

Is that possible or I need to enter album by album and uncheck it?

Top Answer
Mihail
Spotify Legend

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community with this one. 

There are indeed two ways to remove an album, added by accident to your Liked Songs.

On a mobile device you can go to the album and then click the 3 dots in the upper right corner of the app. The context menu will appear with the option to like or unlike all songs.

On desktop you can either Heart/Unheart all songs from the album view or remove multiple entries from the Liked Songs playlist by selecting them with Ctrl/Shift + click, right clicking and selecting Remove from your Liked Songs

If you'd like to see the multiple select functionality extended onto the mobile app, you can consider adding your +VOTE to this idea. 

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter.

Cheers!

6 Replies

Hi,

I think you have two options.

On mobile, go to the album, then click the 3 dots, a menu will appear with the option to like or unlike all songs.

Another option is to use spotify desktop, it's much easier to unlike multiple songs on desktop, especially because you have the option to select multiple files using ctrl- or shift-

Regards,

René

Thank you, René! I've used the option to select multiple files with shift and click.

what are you supposed to shift click on exactly

On PC use shortcut Ctrl+A to mark all songs that you see. Right-click on marked songs and choose Remove from "heart-list". Why cant we do this on Spotify App??

Hey there @Bolinspotsky

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

While the option to select multiple songs using the mobile app is not available, other users also think this would be a good idea.

In this case, you can add your +VOTE and Subscribe to this thread. That way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community with this one. 

There are indeed two ways to remove an album, added by accident to your Liked Songs.

On a mobile device you can go to the album and then click the 3 dots in the upper right corner of the app. The context menu will appear with the option to like or unlike all songs.

On desktop you can either Heart/Unheart all songs from the album view or remove multiple entries from the Liked Songs playlist by selecting them with Ctrl/Shift + click, right clicking and selecting Remove from your Liked Songs

If you'd like to see the multiple select functionality extended onto the mobile app, you can consider adding your +VOTE to this idea. 

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter.

Cheers!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts