Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I start a new topic on a different board?

Solved!

How do I start a new topic on a different board?

I'm a new member of the community and I joined because I needed to ask about an issue I'm having that I'm not really finding any answers to. I see all these different boards and things and no matter where I look I can't find anywhere to start a new topic, aside from this one (the Newcomers Board).

I looked through the Newbies guide and all it said was "you can start a new topic!" but didn't say how. I'm not seeing a Start New Topic button anywhere except this board.

Not sure if this is an issue on my end, or if there's something I need to do first before "unlocking" the feature? My email is verified. Do I have to be a member for a certain amount of time or something?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

Try this: home -> help -> now choose your category, like windows/android, etc, then in this board you can create your topic, you have to scroll down a bit.

Regards,

René

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hi, did you scroll down?

This is how it looks like for me.

Screenshot_20190804-231716_Chrome.jpg

Regards,

René

I was on PC, but I went on mobile and tried that. It doesn’t have the “Start New Topic” button on any of the boards that I want.

Maybe I’m going to the wrong place to start a topic? I’m going Spotify Community Home > Help > Spotify Answers > Spotify Features and then not finding anywhere to start a topic. Is there somewhere else I should be looking for this?

Marked as solution

Hi,

Try this: home -> help -> now choose your category, like windows/android, etc, then in this board you can create your topic, you have to scroll down a bit.

Regards,

René

Ah, there it is! Thank you so much!

I don't understand. I go to one of the forums and there's not a "creat new topic" button to be found. What an insane GUI this is. All I can do here is reply to existing topics.

Hi @franklekens,

It depends a bit on the forum. You cannot start a topic in the "ongoing issues" board for example. But for "account" for example you can. Just scroll a little bit down. Also check that you are logged on.

Regards,

René

"ongoing issues" was the problem. Thanks.

Sorry, I am a premium user, and I TRIED that, on both MacBook Pro Os.X 10.13 and on any Win 10 PC/laptop whatever, and even on Android Mobile Phone. Did not work, can't find it. It seems that they are deliberately obfuscating for users to start a question, because they don't want to bother. So people lose patience and gives up.

I've still not getting the right anwswer/reply to start a new thread and asking question. Just about any other brand kept forum, or 3rd party forum is way much easier than this one. Way.

The fact that Spotify does not have "START NEW TOPIC" button anywhere to be found easily is a clear message spotify does not want you to complain on this dumpsterfire of a product 🙂

Suggested posts