Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do you stop Christmas Music fromplaying aftwr every artist

How do you stop Christmas Music fromplaying aftwr every artist

I don't know how to stop Christmas songs from being played on my iphone. I have no downladed Christmas music but everytime I listen to an artist a Christmas song is played right after it.Help this is so annoying:( 

14 Replies

Hey @Miller04.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this on the Community.

That's odd! Could you give us some more details about this? 

• Does this happen in a specific context (e.g. during a Song/Artist Radio)?
  • Do you notice any pattern to the Christmas songs that appear?

In any case, we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall by following the steps outlined here, since this can solve many common problems that our users experience.

Let us know how you get on! If you're still having this issue, let us know and we'll do our best to troubleshoot it.

I have the exact same problem.  I have logged out of everything, changed passwords repeatedly, and even deleted all Christmas music playlists...still, I get one song from my chosen playlist (doesn't matter if it's my playlist or a Spotify playlist) then the next song - and every song after - is Christmas.

Follow up. I tried deleting the Spotify app from both my iPhone 11 pro and my MacBook Air, reinstalling and relogging in. I still only get one song from my chosen playlist before I get shot back to Christmas music.

We pay for the family membership, but at the moment I'm tempted to dump. I don't want to hear any more Christmas music this season.

I have the exact same problem. I play one song and after that it's all christmas music. I have to go back and click on another song from my list. It started this past Christmas 2019. 

I don't see any helpful replies. 

Is there no fix for this??

It's like a virus has infected Spotify.

did you figure this out?

It took me HOURS to finally figure this out (lots of web searching) but I finally succeeded. 

You have to log in to your Spotify account and clear your queue.  The queue button is at the bottom of the Spotify screen...rightish side.  If you have a queue list there should be a Clear button.  Click it.

It seems that Spotify changed a default.  In the past, when you closed Spotify the queue would clear automatically.  Now, it holds your queue until you clean it out.

This is very annoying, I was working with my chosen playlist and the **bleep** Christmas songs came all the time like virus.

Try deleting the app and start again. If it still shows the same problem, then go to the service center

Same!

I tried spamming the button but it still doesn’t clear

Any resolution? This is the first year I keep getting Christmas songs playing throughout my music, after Christmas is over. So something must have changed in the app. Can I disable Christmas songs when it’s not Christmas time???

Same here!  I just want to "hide" the genre from my liked songs for 10 months.  Can we have that feature??

I agree. I can't figure out how to dislike a song so I have go to Spotify and skip every time a Christmas song queues up, which is often 😞 I'm looking for alternatives to Spotify as this is super annoying. 

my daughter says she just never "likes" a Christmas song so they won't go
to her favorites, but I have certain Christmas songs I love. I wish
Spotify had 2 favorites lists-- Christmas and the rest of the year. I'm
constantly skipping songs!

Suggested posts