How many tracks in a radio?

Highlighted

How many tracks in a radio?

Roadie

Of course it may depend on track type and similar tracks, however is there a rough idea about after how many tracks the radio will loop from the beginning?

I ask because a few days ago I have created a new radio starting from a Michael Buble track, and after a few hours it looked like the radio looped back from begininng. Not sure about this.

8 Replies
Highlighted

Re: How many tracks in a radio?

Community Legend
Hi,
unfortunately this is a problem with radio right now, and has been for a while. There are several users with the same experience as you, but no solution in sight. Many users report in various threads here in the community that they get repeated tracks every 30 to 70 song. Once this feature/bug is sorted out, I'm sure it will be posted in the announcement part of the community. If you would like to speed up the process of improving radio, please add your kudos to the relevant posts in the ideas section. I've linked to some below.
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Opt-in-to-Discovery-Mode-for-Spotify-Radio/idi-p/1637...
and
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/More-relevant-radio/idi-p/52507

☆✩✪ Want to help out? Become a Spotify Rock Star today! ✪✩☆
Jag svarar på svenska via pm eller via twitter

Binaural track - listen with headphones with good volume!
Highlighted

Community Legend
The issue only appears to be effecting some users, I'm past 200 tracks and no repeats yet.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

Community Legend
Peter, on what is your radio based? For the past two weeks I've not made it a whole hour without repeats, but maybe it also depends on what the radio is based? Would like to try the same radio as you are using.

Highlighted

Community Legend
I'm currently on radio from The Naked and Famous artist page.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

Roadie

Sorry, the apparently offending radio is based on "Beyond the Sea" by Robbie Williams

Highlighted

Community Legend
Peter: I started listening to that radio 50 minutes ago. Fourth song was "Electric feel" by mgmt. Now, approximately 35 minutes later the same song plays again. Too bad, I was really hoping this was connected to certain radio channels.

Highlighted

Every radio station i create always loops the same song after about 45 min or after about 12 songs, even if i hit dislike the same song keeps coming up. it's as if no matter what i do the radio does not keep the traks that i dislike and it limits its self to related artist only it doesn't go by genres.

Roadie

Definitelly the guys at Spotify should allow selecting the minimum tracks playback allowed before repeating the sam track....maybe for some combinations it may be a tough task, if the list is too short?

SUGGESTED POSTS