How to Remove or Delete Radio Stations

Solved!
Highlighted

How to Remove or Delete Radio Stations

mikewhitephoto
Casual Listener

Have you ever created a radio station for a party or holiday or to check out an unfamiliar artist only to decide a few days later that not only are you tired of listening to the station, but you don't even want it cluttering up your list of stations?

Here is the official solution article from Spotify: (link removed). 

If that didn't answer your question, then you're not alone. While I was looking on google for the best way to remove an unwanted radio station from Spotify, I used the keywords "how to remove radio stations on spotify" and found 289,000 other search results with the same question. I don't believe Spotify has addressed this in an official manner, and as a paying subscriber, I would like the staff to reply with either a post, or by private message as to what the strategy is for giving this community the silent treatment. If you feel this issue has been officially addressed, may I ask that it is added to the Solutions or Help page? Thanks!

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: How to Remove or Delete Radio Stations

TomTardis
Regular

The newest desktop player (I'm on 0.9.11) shows an X in the upper right corner of a radio station when you hover the mouse over it.

So the procedure is this: 

1. Select the "Radio" category from the list on the left
  2. Scroll down to the "Your Stations" list
  3. Hover over a station and click the X.

Note: this no longer works with the newer Spotify UI. Spotify's station UI has changed, and it's a little more complicated. 

Now, you Follow stations you want to play again. A followed station shows up in the Stations entry under YOUR MUSIC. 

To unfollow a station, click Stations, then hover the mouse over a station. Hover over the checkmark, and it will change to an X. Click the X. 

There's also a Radio link near the top of the list on the left side of the Spotify window. The Recently Played items in there cannot be deleted, even with the "X". However, they will no longer show up in your Stations list. 

View solution in original post

Capture.PNG
Solution!

Fhh
Casual Listener
On an Android device, you can easily delete Spotify radio stations by pressing and holding the station. A pop-up window will appear, allowing you to delete it.

Solution!

TomTardis
Regular

Spotify's UI has changed a lot since the question was originally posted.
Now you can "Follow" a station, which will put it in your Stations list. Only stations you follow show up here.

Stations in Radio -> Recently Played can't be deleted. You can unfollow them from there, but since you played them recently, they still show up. 

If you just want to "reboot" a station, and reset your likes/dislikes, you can always unfollow an existing station, then create a new one from an artist, song, or playlist. That will allow you to once again like and dislike songs to influence what Spotify plays for you.

Solution!

eminem
Music Fan

Clock the 3 Dots and then Delete

75 Replies

Joe
Community Legend

There is a request in the ideas section which has status "not right now", sadly.

scottbulmer

I too would like to delete or remove radio stations.  This seems like it should be straightforward.  Has this issue been resolved?  Thanks, S

Peter__
Community Legend

@scottbulmer wrote:

I too would like to delete or remove radio stations.  This seems like it should be straightforward.  Has this issue been resolved?  Thanks, S

Nope, but the system will only store your 20 most recently used stations so any you don't use will eventually be removed. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

patbig

I am sure it is a joke from the webmaster that should not be funny. Dont see the point of not being able to remove a radio...

jdeboo01
Casual Listener

Hi!  I read through all the posts and not one of them have helped.  What I want 2 know is how 2 delete unwanted stations from the playlist.  If no one can help me then please let me know.  I do not understand why we have 2 go through all this 'ma larky' just 2 get some real assistance.

Joe
Community Legend

No one can help you. You can't delete radio stations.

Peter__
Community Legend

The radio algorithm only stores your 20 most recently listened to stations, so any you don't use will eventually be removed anyways 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

smeds

This is absolutely asinine. Gotta be an incredibly easy fix, and the lack of the ability to do this accomplishes nothing but to send me to Pandora to try out new acts that I'm not sure that I'll like. My station feed is gummed up with a number of things I'd like to get rid of, and I won't add any more stations I'm not sure of.

bigbabyhorse

Spotify!  Please let me delete a station!!!!!  Or at the very least, let me delete songs that impacted a station I once liked.  Now I have to start my stations from scratch and they have the same name!!!! ahhhhhhhhh

SUGGESTED POSTS