Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to change the country specific recommendations

Solved!

How to change the country specific recommendations

Ok, so I am English but live in Portugal, currently using Spotify free.

Spotify seems to think thatbecause I live in Portugal I want playlist recommendations, elbums, discover etc of the Portugeuse market.

I don't.  I want English recommendations,as do the millions of other English users that live in countries outside thier home country.

Is it possible to change this?

The one good thing is that all of the crapy Portuguese advertising is totallyt wasted on me.

Also why won't the darn thing remember my log in details every time I log out? (I just use the Windows 8.1 app.

105 Replies

Considering this a big problem too. At least premium subscribers should be able to turn local recommendations off. It’s annoying and both an insult to the users and the ability of Spotifys algorithm to suggest music mainly on locations.

Godam spotify fix this, lazy .....

I'm dutch, paying customer and hate the **bleep** they bring out and you keep on recomanding these artists for more 50% of the recomendations. sick of this sh*t.

Spotify crew,

Can we please get this fixed. I don't know how or why it happened but since a week ago I am now getting Polish suggestions in "Browse" and I don't want that. Previously I would get suggestions from I think the UK or something like that, now I'm getting Polish (I love Poland, and I live here - but do not speak the language and don't want these in my Browse list).

What gives?

Kind regards,

Gerry

I am Polish and I live in Poland, but I equally hate Polish suggestions. I want the UK/US playlists and suggestions on my dashboard.

Spotify, do something about this!

I can’t agree more! I hate seeing swissgerman suggestions polluting the regular ones... I would rather see english or french ones...

Same. And still no fix?
Living in Colombia, but Belgian. I want to see the new rock releases, electronic music, indie whatever I like. Spotify please fix this. We are premium members and get suggestions of music we don't like. I really don't need the new latin music releases and I 'm missing out on new releases of the music I really like. What a bummer...and we pay for the service.

Spotify! Hello, hi. 3 pages of complaints since 2014 and no response from anyone in the company ??? This looks like a good customer relation strategy to you??? Should we take our money to TIDAL or Apple music?? Fix up your algorithm soon. A lot of people didn't pay good money to have music they don't like foisted on them.

Fellow spotify users, one thing I recently noticed is that the Home page has more relevant suggestions for me than the Browse page. It's still not very relevant (suggesting podcasts when I've never searched or listened to one) but it's better at guessing and remembering playlists I like.

In Discover > New releases for you, it is getting better. But the full
homepage is not at all personalized. Work to do at Spotify.

Well to be honest it seems like you buy in to a specifc music industry of a specific area and wether you like it or not you have to listen to their trash.

In my case, german rap, **bleep** instead of ftw which never apear on my playlist.

From my point of few this the main issue with Spotify, Tidal and anything else.

Spotify: A service for the music industry rather than the users.

I also hate contemporary Turkish music but I'm constantly offered on my homepage. I even get Turkish Rap recommended playlists which I NEVER listen to. Please let us customize the homepage at least for Premium users.

Also how many coders do you have working in there? 2 or 3? It takes forever for you to listen to feedback and implement stuff.

Another finnish guy here in needs of a fix for this

Same here, would really like to choose my Top Hits and play lists ... not really fan of Schwiizerdutsch music

Jesus, I was trying to find a solution to this redicolous annoying thing. All the music I've ever listened are from the Eletronic genre. But somehow spotify keeps suggesting Samba, Sertanejo and a whole bunch of other brazilian genre which I've never! ever listened. How this system can in anyway make a paid custumer satisfied ??

Just one more thing to add: I'm right now in Italy, and I dont see a single italian singer or song in spotify's UI. So how on earth can you suggest something based on your **bleep** to me ?

I´m from germany but dont want german music suggested at all. Please make it possible to switch localization for the suggested music. I want to be able to switch to the rock playlists of US for example

Please, fix this issue, or at least make location based suggestions optional.

I'm from Argentina but I listen British / American rock from 60s and 70s and metal from 90s 00s.

Never have I listened to Latin music, but my home page recommends me to listen "Despacito" everyday.

Please, it's been a lot of years with this sh**.

Thanks.

I'm so sorry man 🙂

We all want this feature, what is taking so long.

For a company of this size it is shameful that this legitimate issue have been ignored for so many years.

For god's sake, I know we now got: my daily mix, weekly discover, release radar.. playlists just for us, but are unnoticeable. The first things I see once I open the app are playlist I will never ever listen to in my life, songs people would use to torture me. (Latin music). If only there was an option where we can change the country just for the recommendations it would be perfect. If not possible then an option to arrange the tabs on the first screen so we can see playlists that we are really into once we open the app, and somehow keep the arrange for all of the devices we log into.

WHY SPOTIFY.jpg

Everything was good until polish playlists start appearing in my playlists.

PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

Same for me, I had UK playlists or something - they were awesome. Now I have the same lists but they are all Polish artists.

Suggested posts