Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to change the country specific recommendations

Solved!

How to change the country specific recommendations

Ok, so I am English but live in Portugal, currently using Spotify free.

Spotify seems to think thatbecause I live in Portugal I want playlist recommendations, elbums, discover etc of the Portugeuse market.

I don't.  I want English recommendations,as do the millions of other English users that live in countries outside thier home country.

Is it possible to change this?

The one good thing is that all of the crapy Portuguese advertising is totallyt wasted on me.

Also why won't the darn thing remember my log in details every time I log out? (I just use the Windows 8.1 app.

105 Replies

I really can’t stand this anymore…

How difficult is to at least allow the user to opt out on location based suggestions?

I don’t want to see anything related to cumbia or reggaeton on my Spotify.

You really won the contest of worst music app ever made.

Every decision you make (like removing radios) is against your user base wishes and I can’t really understand why you do it.

I am just a few steps away from moving to another platform getting really tired of you.

Please fix this. 
German music is not the best either.

I do have a VPN, but it's inconvenient to use it every time.
And I think that might mess up with my family account. 

{D871102B-5F34-4058-A786-5B4AD2E5C9E8}.png.jpg

Spotify, you have no idea how sick I am of seeing this guy's face everytime I open the app. 

I hate seeing those terrible turkish pop & rap playlists on my home screen. At least they can add "not interested" when you click triple dots like Youtube home screen does. 

Just wanted to remind spotify that something like this has existed on YouTube for ages. It doesn't affect the video you can watch but does affect trending and video recommendations

zdo53rd

Going to post a channel I don't care about every week until spotify fixes this

who would listen to thiswho would listen to this

I second that 🙂

hey spotify, just wanted to ask if you could start turning on Canvas album art more often. It really suckz how little songs have them because they improve my listening expreience so much lol. 

also could u also notify more often that I can link spotify to waze, sometimes I forget

DwQZGb8U8AA00Ii.jpg

DID YOU REALLY THINK THAT'S WHAT I WANTED?

what is a goqmwhat is a goqm

now this is truly epic Spotifynow this is truly epic Spotify

I can't believe that after all these years, something as simple as this still hasn't been added

I live in Denmark and has the same problem. Whenever I go to browse or podcasts (never tried podcasts, but as long as this issue is still not fixed I'm probably not going to use them) it recomends me danish playlists or danish podcasts

Just because I live in Denmark, doesn't mean that I want to listen to it

Signed up for Premium yesterday. It's hilarious to me that this has been an issue for years now. What are the people at Spotify doing? My entire app is riddled with German Rap music because i live in germany. Hey spotify. I could not care ANY LESS about german music.

I'm amazed that it only took them 1 day to get me to reconsider my subscription. Also what is up with their obsession with "voting for features"? You are one of the biggest music applications on the planet. You HAVE the resources to develop features like "recommendation settings" in no time whatsoever. Offering users OPTIONAL features is never a negative and considering how this thread has been going on for several years now it sure as heck (they actually censor the word  "h e l l"  on this forum? That's even more hilarious) is a "requested enough" feature.

It's embarrassing that it's 2019 and this STILL hasn't been resolved.

Some user will propably read this post in 2021 and chuckle at how this is STILL an issue. I reposted the idea into their idea section but it will most likely not get us anywhere. Sadly this issue mainly affects non-english users and since this forum is english only and Spotify seems to only care about their terrible voting system on this forum, i doubt we will ever get Spotify to change this.

I just canceled my premium this week!
Good luck for you...

0 likes. This "product" (Spotify) was never about its customers, was it ever? I say this because it's becoming clearer than every feature decision is imposed with little to no regard to customer's preferences. And yes, I use a VPN for almost a year now and still get gruesome latin music recommendations every single time. So what is the bottom line here? What is the truth version of this?

2019 and this is still an issue, are you even listening anymore at this point?
I am honestly considering just switching to Apple Music at this point, recommendations are RELEVANT to what I want recommended to me.

This is nonsense. I just want to get RELEVANT RECOMMENDATIONS! Isn't this what I pay for?! Isn't this what Spotify is supposed to do? Like many others, I do not want to see god awful pop music of some middle eastern country.

@user-removed wrote:

2019 and this is still an issue, are you even listening anymore at this point?
I am honestly considering just switching to Apple Music at this point, recommendations are RELEVANT to what I want recommended to me.

I agree with you. At this point only thing keeping me switching to another service is my playlists and laziness.

Same problem here. I'm a Latino guy living in Poland and I just don't dig polish songs.

I'm paying premium and can't understand why I don't have this option available.

Surprising this issue has been open for so long. I'm quitting Spotify.

I can't believe this's still a problem! I've just switched from Apple Music and now I'm regretting my decision really bad!

Suggested posts