How to export Albums to playlists?

Solved!

How to export Albums to playlists?

Blutarsky
Roadie

My music collection (mp3/mp4) is organized by artist & album. As Spotify is a prodcut playlist-oriented, I'd wish tyo export all my artist/album collection to Spotify playlists..

Is there an automated way to achieve this? I use mediamonkey

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: How to export Albums to playlists?

Joe
Community Legend

You can create a spotify playlist for each album.Using the desktop client, select all the tracks in each album in the Local file view then right click > add to new playlist. There is no way to automate this process.

I know it must seem strange switching from MM to Spotify at first. I used MM for years and the lack of organisation by album took some getting used to but there's really no need for this at all. When I want to listen to something specific, I just go to the artis page which shows me all their releases (including my local files) or I can search by track name, album name etc. It's also easy to browse the local files in the desktop client and that view can be sorted on any of the headings (artist/track/album etc).

To be honest, Spotify is not OCD friendly but once you get used to it, it is so much more flexible that the "old school" approach to organising a music library.

3 Replies
Highlighted
Solution!

Joe
Community Legend

You can create a spotify playlist for each album.Using the desktop client, select all the tracks in each album in the Local file view then right click > add to new playlist. There is no way to automate this process.

I know it must seem strange switching from MM to Spotify at first. I used MM for years and the lack of organisation by album took some getting used to but there's really no need for this at all. When I want to listen to something specific, I just go to the artis page which shows me all their releases (including my local files) or I can search by track name, album name etc. It's also easy to browse the local files in the desktop client and that view can be sorted on any of the headings (artist/track/album etc).

To be honest, Spotify is not OCD friendly but once you get used to it, it is so much more flexible that the "old school" approach to organising a music library.

Blutarsky
Roadie

Sometimes you’d wish to discover new music and Spotify seems perfect for this, sometimes you just would like to listen at some music in your collection; in this case, once your music collections gets "large" (400 albums), you may forget what's in it. Browsing albums helps a lot! Remember once you would stand in front of your good ol’ vinyl collection, browsing what album to play? Seeing is feeling!

Joe
Community Legend

Oh the good old days :) 

SUGGESTED POSTS