How to post a bug report

Solved!

How to post a bug report

pdavit
Regular

Why is the 'New Message' button greyed-out in the Bugs sections?

How can we post a bug report?

This community section contains other posts so apparently it is possible, what am I missing here? 

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: How to post a bug report

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

If you're experiencing an issue with the app, or want to report something unexpected, the best way to go about this to follow the steps in this Spotify Answer

Keep in mind that while you can't start a new thread in the Ongoing Issues board, you can always post in the relevant to your device/issue Help Board first.

Community Rock Stars or Moderators can eventually move your thread in the Ongoing Issues board if it's something that needs to be looked into further.

Hope this helps clarify things but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else. We'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

View solution in original post

22 Replies
Highlighted

Peter__
Community Legend

If you just post what you are having issues with in the relevant support section, the Spotify team and Super Users can troubleshoot and escalate issue as bugs as required from there. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

pdavit
Regular

Yeah but how do you do that in the first place?

As I said the 'New Message' button is grayed-out so I cannot initiate a thread in the Bugs section.

I can here obviously in this community sections but here the 'New Message' button was active for me while logged in to the forum.

Highlighted

Peter__
Community Legend

You can't post topics in the bugs section as you might have noticed 😉 

Click below to make a new topic about whatever platform you are having issues with:

Accounts, Login and Subscriptions

Desktop

Android

iOS (iPhone + iPad)

Web Player

Other (Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Partner Devices)

Once you create a topic there, as said above, we can troubleshoot and then log it as a bug if it is a bug. 

Peter

Peter

Highlighted

pdavit
Regular

Just did. Thanks!!

Highlighted

Album doesn't belong to artist

no1funkydude
Regular

Ignore message. found a better place for it

Highlighted

Re: Album doesn't belong to artist

Peter__
Community Legend

@no1funkydude hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

You can report any content errors/issues such as these directly to the Spotify content team using the instructions outlined in this topic. Once you have submitted a query, the content team will investigate and then pass any needed details over to the record label to request a correction/change if needed (so it can take some time unfortunately!).

Peter

Highlighted

Re: Album doesn't belong to artist

no1funkydude
Regular

darn that was a fast reply. I pretty much removed it as soon as i'd put it up! Kudos!

Highlighted

lisjo268
Casual Listener

Why can´t I see who my  playlist followers are anymore? I can only see how many followers I have!  But I can see who my friends list followers are!  (Plus..reporting things to Spotify, is the most complex and user unfriendly site I¨ve ever seen! It´s obvious that you don´t want critic from you users...better just give them the run around in this labyrinth of pages and  "pseudoinformation"! )

Highlighted

Peter__
Community Legend
Being able to view all playlist followers of a playlist was removed in v0.8.8 of the application on desktop. Be sure to add your vote here if you would like to see the feature returned:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/0-8-8-Ability-to-View-All-Playlist-Followers/idi-p/291...

Peter

SUGGESTED POSTS