Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to post a bug report

Solved!

How to post a bug report

Why is the 'New Message' button greyed-out in the Bugs sections?

How can we post a bug report?

This community section contains other posts so apparently it is possible, what am I missing here? 

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

If you're experiencing an issue with the app, or want to report something unexpected, the best way to go about this to follow the steps in this Spotify Answer

Keep in mind that while you can't start a new thread in the Ongoing Issues board, you can always post in the relevant to your device/issue Help Board first.

Community Rock Stars or Moderators can eventually move your thread in the Ongoing Issues board if it's something that needs to be looked into further.

Hope this helps clarify things but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else. We'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

22 Replies

If you just post what you are having issues with in the relevant support section, the Spotify team and Super Users can troubleshoot and escalate issue as bugs as required from there. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yeah but how do you do that in the first place?

As I said the 'New Message' button is grayed-out so I cannot initiate a thread in the Bugs section.

I can here obviously in this community sections but here the 'New Message' button was active for me while logged in to the forum.

You can't post topics in the bugs section as you might have noticed 😉 

Click below to make a new topic about whatever platform you are having issues with:

Accounts, Login and Subscriptions

Desktop

Android

iOS (iPhone + iPad)

Web Player

Other (Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Partner Devices)

Once you create a topic there, as said above, we can troubleshoot and then log it as a bug if it is a bug. 

Peter

Peter

Just did. Thanks!!

Ignore message. found a better place for it

@no1funkydude hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

You can report any content errors/issues such as these directly to the Spotify content team using the instructions outlined in this topic. Once you have submitted a query, the content team will investigate and then pass any needed details over to the record label to request a correction/change if needed (so it can take some time unfortunately!).

Peter

darn that was a fast reply. I pretty much removed it as soon as i'd put it up! Kudos!

Why can´t I see who my  playlist followers are anymore? I can only see how many followers I have!  But I can see who my friends list followers are!  (Plus..reporting things to Spotify, is the most complex and user unfriendly site I¨ve ever seen! It´s obvious that you don´t want critic from you users...better just give them the run around in this labyrinth of pages and  "pseudoinformation"! )

Being able to view all playlist followers of a playlist was removed in v0.8.8 of the application on desktop. Be sure to add your vote here if you would like to see the feature returned:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/0-8-8-Ability-to-View-All-Playlist-Followers/idi-p/291...

Peter

My Spotify doesn't play all the music.

For example I was just listening to the latest album from Born Of Osiris and a few minutes later I selesct the top song to restart the album and it's just silence, the previous albums work but the new one doesn't. The same has happened with 5 or 6 other albums I usually listen to... Can someone help me pls?

If logging out and back in again doesn't fix it, sounds like your client's cache has got damaged somehow. Try a re-install:
http://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Peter

Yeah well this is simple and not a technical problem with spotify itself, but it is annoying me, and I'm not even close to a perfectionist.

At the top of the homepage it says upgrade, I have spotify premium. Unless there is some level I've never heard about above that, the fact that I can see the button is driving me nuts. Clicking on it takes me to "https://www.spotify.com/us/account/subscription/" which shows premium.

Why not only show that link to people with a lower subscription, and for premium members show "Account Management" or even something like "You're Golden!" 

Cheesy, but not as annoying as being advertised for something that you know I have. 

Thanks for reading to my semi-rant. 

-GeodeathiC

Also just noticed clicking on my profile, is my email really public when it's listed in the public section? Not cool at all.

@GeodeathiC - No don't worry your email address is not shown publicly.

As for the upgrade button, it is something that I have asked the Spotify guys before but the general answer was it is there so the banner is the same for everyone (which is really a non-answer but anyways!).

Peter

Using voice over on iPhone with the newest Spotify application. I am unable to delete tracks in a playlist. In the playlist after tapping the edit button, using voice over to navigate to the delete button and tapping it causes the voiceover cursor to jump around and I am unable to delete the song.

Trying to figure out if anyone else is having trouble with literally every track skipping. I am not going to keep paying for a premium account if all I am going to get is skipping and long pauses while trying to listen to music. It's incredibly annoying. 

I’ve totally noticed the odd track skipping recently. It’s definitely started happening more over the last month

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

I have a samsung galaxy A5 and i use spotify premeum. I have a major bug that isnt on the website and i need it fixed now.

Everytime i play a song it plays the first 20 seconds of it... the it randomly starts playing a different song that is from a different country and says my account is connected to web player(chrome) in the avaliable devices and im playing the song from there but im not...it wont let me listen to any of the songs i want to...and on my recently played section and my heavy rotation section it has a bunch of weird playlists in different languages on it and ive never played any of them before....i cant believe im paying money for**bleep**.....please fix this.

Hey Peter,
When I try to access the Desktop page, it says my access has been denied. Has something changed on the process for submitting Desktop bugs?

Suggested posts