Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to renew student discount?

Solved!

How to renew student discount?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Usually, spotify will send an email to notify that your student subscription is about to end in a few days. Click on the link provided in that email that says, "Extend Discount" and it WILL prompt you to go Premium. This may seem confusing since it feels like you are about to pay for a new subscription. However, just make sure you're signed into your own account after you click on the "Extend Discount" link. It will ask you to verify your payment method and what school you're attending. Follow instructions to verify that information. After that, it will confirm that your student subscription has been renewed and that they will bill $4.99 for the next billing period. (if you have already paid $9.99 for this month like i did, it will start billing 4.99 for the next month). 

View solution in original post

13 Replies

The student discount lasts for one year. After that time you will need to renew it.

Go to http://spotify.com/student to sign up for the student discount again.

Also, click the link to the terms and conditions at the bottom of the page so you are aware of the renewal process.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have tried that, but it says that I am unable to apply the discount. Even though I've only used the discount once.

Same story with me. I want to renew spotify student so I went to the spotify student page and clicked sign up, but it said I'm unable to apply the discount. Whats the deal?

@collegeClique @djlamoreaux

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

My student discount expires in a month. How can I renew it. 50% off helps. Thanks

i go to the link you provided but it takes me to a plave where i am promted to buy "Premium" im already paying for the service and wuld not want to get charge twice. can you please direct me to where i can do this without being charged again.

I wish Spotify would notify us when the discount stops, I don't know how I did not catch it till now but was sad to see I have been charged 9.99 since January. 

Yes, I have also been charged full price for 6 months. Oops!

Marked as solution

Usually, spotify will send an email to notify that your student subscription is about to end in a few days. Click on the link provided in that email that says, "Extend Discount" and it WILL prompt you to go Premium. This may seem confusing since it feels like you are about to pay for a new subscription. However, just make sure you're signed into your own account after you click on the "Extend Discount" link. It will ask you to verify your payment method and what school you're attending. Follow instructions to verify that information. After that, it will confirm that your student subscription has been renewed and that they will bill $4.99 for the next billing period. (if you have already paid $9.99 for this month like i did, it will start billing 4.99 for the next month). 

If however you missed the extension date, reach out to Spotify Support through Twitter or what have you. Then explain to them the situation, have them set the account to free. They refunded me my most recent subscription payment and cancelled my premium, setting my account to free. Then renew your Spotify Premium for Students account just like before and continue paying the Student rate! Cheers.

As of August 2018, you are not able to renew the student discount until the subscription has ended. When the subscription ends and the discount can be renewed, however, Spotify will automatically charge you for the non-student premium subscription.

I talked with a Spotify representative who told me that the solution is to wait until you are charged for premium, renew your student discount, then contact support in order to receive a partial refund for the difference.

This was great solution in 2015. this is 2019 and things haven't gotten better. It's not impossible to find the re-verify button. Good job spotify. I'm sure your intern.

Suggested posts