Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to use Spotify with a Facebook Business Page instead of a personal page?

How to use Spotify with a Facebook Business Page instead of a personal page?

I would like to set up Spotify to work with my business page instead of my personal page. Is this possible? I notice companies like Anthropologie appear to be connected to Spotify as a business (name on Spotify is Anthropologie on Rotation). It doesn't look like they are using Spotify through a personal page because their user profile pic is the company profile pic from Facebook. But perhaps the personal Facebook page they are using to connect to Spotify is a personal page and it is using the same profile pic as their Facebook business page? I am just curious if it is possible to connect as a business page or if I must connect as myself and then change my profile pic on Facebook to my business profile pic in order to appear as my business instead of appearing as a person.

11 Replies

Hey Bethany, it's not possible to use a Facebook page to link to a Spotify account, only personal profiles.

The profiles you see that don't seem to be set up in a normal way are branded accounts. The system is currently in closed beta so we're not currently accepting new profiles that way, but you can register an interest via the steps in this doc.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Hey There, 

I am trying to link our company spotify to our company Facebook, which I am seeing like is not possible, but in that case how do I create a profile picture of the compay's Image on the spotify? I dont understand why this wont work and it is incredibly difficult to find an answer to something, please help! Please email your answer to lacy@matte-finish.com as I am the person dealing with this right now. 

Thank you 

@matte_projects Hey! At present, Spotify accounts are for personal use only. So you'll only be able to link personal Facebook pages to Spotify accounts.

If you're interested in creating a branded account, please contact us here.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Greetings,

Is it still the case that spotify profiles cannot be synced to a Facebook page beside one's own personal account?  That is, can we still not post as an admin of a Facebook page rather than a personal account?

Thank You.

That is correct, since Spotify is only licensed for personal usage, you can only link Spotify accounts to personal Facebook profiles. There is nothing to stop you from manually sharing content (right click > copy HTTP link) on your business pages though.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have a facebook music page and I am looking to link my Spotify page to it.

I have seen (when looking from a personal facebook page) that when you hover over the music "likes" photos, there is a play button that shows over most of them, and when you click it a song starts to play.

I am having a very hard time trying to figure out how to do this, and any help would be appreciated!

IMG_2021.JPG

Did anyone ever answer? this is a good question

Chiming in as well because we're interested in this as well. We noticed that the last posts regarding this topic were from 2014 so we're hopeful that something has changed in the last 3 years. 

Hi Bethany, 

Is this still the case when it comes to linking buisness facebook pages to a spotify playlist? 

I asking the same question.

Is it still not possible to link spotify account to a facebook page instead of a profile?

I also would like to associate my Spotify account with my fb business page...

any updates on that?

thanks,

roberto

Suggested posts